Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wakka

My bleeding butt!

Okay, I am on my 3rd month on accutane. Today i took a dump and a humongous poop came out. No pain, just it was...big. When I wiped my butt, there was a lot of blood!

IS this accutane or what?

It might simply be hemorrhoids, or something not so relatively benign. You could try warm sitz baths, make sure you're taking in plenty of fluids, and 'roughage' to help soften the stools. I would call the doctor just to be safe.

there was no blood in my stool i think...once again, it was a big wide poop, biggest i had ever, i think (or one of) and it was rough but i felt good afterwards

Edited by wakka

Sounds like constipation, so definitely increase fluids and roughage. I'd still contact your doctor.

Oh i drink a good amount of water but recently ive been eating more unhealthier food the last wk. I also didnt drink as much green tea as i usually do (now its 0-1 big cups, usually its big 2-3 cups). Yeah, now that i think about it, i had trouble pooping lately. Like i would go and very little comes out. I guess the last dump i had was...yeah

Im gonna go to the doctor but in your honest opinion, d'you think this is serious??

Oh i drink a good amount of water but recently ive been eating more unhealthier food the last wk. I also didnt drink as much green tea as i usually do (now its 0-1 big cups, usually its big 2-3 cups). Yeah, now that i think about it, i had trouble pooping lately. Like i would go and very little comes out. I guess the last dump i had was...yeah

Im gonna go to the doctor but in your honest opinion, d'you think this is serious??

I don't, I think it's constipation and you can correct it with lifestyle changes, but it's always best to consult your doctor when taking a med like Accutane. :)

prune juice... clears you out. (Buy a small bottle first just to make sure you can stand the taste, some people don't like it)

This is kind of an awkward thread, good luck I hope you can solve this problem quickly

Poop-talk, awkward? You should hear what nurses talk about during our lunch breaks. :P

Lol, I can think of a few things that are way more awkward now... I guess that's just different perspectives for you...

I had the same problem, but it went away after I stopped accutane. My situation was worse though, after I finished pooping, literally the entire toilet bowl was filled completely with blood.

Edited by csmike

I had the same problem, but it went away after I stopped accutane. My situation was worse though, after I finished pooping, literally the entire toilet bowl was filled completely with blood.

How long did you have this problem while on accutane?

How long did you have this problem while on accutane?

For the entire time I was taking Accutane, which was 3 months. I was supposed to take it for 6 months, but because I was losing so much hair while on it, I stopped it early. But don't worry, it will go away about a week after you stop, it did for me anyway.

It's pretty scary because after a couple times I pooped out blood, I actually decided to constantly look at the toilet bowl every few seconds while I'm pooping to see what was going on. First poop, only a couple drops of blood, right on my 2nd poop, there was a thick blood stain on it, 3rd poop, had an even bigger blood stain on it, which caused the toilet bowl to be 100% filled with blood after about 1 min.