Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been suffering from moderate-severe acne since about December 2009. Whenever I get it cleared up, it all comes back!! I eat healthy (eliminate sugars and all that), and have been using proactive since with no success. I have also tried a number of other things as well. I really feel like I need to see a dermatologist. We get health insurance on June 1st, but I still feel so bad asking my parents again because I don't want it to be super expensive. I need help, what should I do?? It seems like if nothing else is working, i should at least try. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

Definately go to a derm, they can do great things for some people. If you are worried about costs, ask your doctor for any coupons or discounts they can give you those can help alot. Also, when you get prescriptions ask the pharmacist if there is a generic version of the drug, they're usually cheaper, unless your doctor wants you on a brand name.