Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLSL

Retin-A & Differin?

I used Retin-A in the past for my acne. It cleared it up and I continued to use it, but then I started getting all types of scars on my face. So I stopped. The scars stopped also. And now my acne is slowlyyy starting to creep back up. I already know almost all of my pores are clogged with junk or blackheads.

A dermatologist prescribed me Differin 0.1 for my clogged pores, but I'm scared to use it since the Retin-A scarred my face. Is there a difference between the two, and if so - how are they different? Could Differin scar pores?

Also, is Tazorac different than those two? I've used Tazorac in the past and it completely cleared me, I mean my skin felt like a baby's bottom, although I had to moisturize my face several times a day. I'll probably be too scared to go back to Taz anyways.

Please reply and thanks in advance.

ive used both, differin at the start of this year and im currently using retin-a.

differin is much much muuuuuuuccchh milder than retin-a. it is not as strong though, which is why i switched to retin-a.

i dont think differin will scar your skin, but i dont even know why retin-a scarred your skin. if it was from your initial breakout, yes you may experience more acne and scars, but that goes for every topical retinoid.

p.s. i didnt notice any major scars after my 12 weeks of differin, so i think your in the clear:)

like the guy said before me, Differen is a much milder retinoid, though Differen has been proven to be more effective for the treatment of acne (while retin a may be more inclined to treat age marks etc.)

But one note I don't think theres a generic for differin, and if you have no or mediocre insurance you may pay an arm and a leg for a brand name product.