Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMakeThemKitKatFries!

Most important vitamins to take daily

Can someone please let me know what the most important vitamins are to improve collagen production and to help keep your face as healthy as possible. And if you have extensive knowledge in this how much of each vitamin i should intake daily? b12.. c those are the only two i know are good but theres more im sure

all vitamins are equally important, the are involved in alot of things. our body stores lots of calcium magnesium and phosphorous in the bone, calcium is probably invloved in the most biological functions then any other but this is my impression after reading tons of stuff, also magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. "vitamin" d is probably the hardest to get, sunshine is the best way to get it, supplements are only when necessary.

Also do not believe the nutrition labeling for fruits and vegetables or anything, they are generalizations of what can be in there over a period of time, therefore i believe some mineral supplements are necessary, or just make sure all your calories come from mineral and vitamin rich foods.

I take Calcium carbonate, magnesium glycinate amino acid chelate, and a multi. Try to get most from food though.

Zinc 50-100mg : Zinc is involved in numerous aspects of cellular metabolism. It is required for the catalytic activity of approximately 100 enzymes [1,2] and it plays a role in immune function [3,4], protein synthesis [4], wound healing [5], DNA synthesis [2,4], and cell division [4]. Zinc also supports normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence [6–8] and is required for proper sense of taste and smell [9]. A daily intake of zinc is required to maintain a steady state because the body has no specialized zinc storage system [10].

Vitamin C 1,000mg : Promotes healthy cell development, wound healing, and resistance to infections. Serves as an antioxidant and may help protect against certain cancers, cataracts, and heart disease.

Vitamin A 3,000iu : Promotes growth and repair of body tissues, bone formation and healthy skin and hair. Essential for night vision.

B-complex : Vital for blood formation and healthy nervous system.

You can also take One-a-day Multivitamin for Men which includes all the vitamins necessary in a day.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

This is definitely interesting!..

I heard "Niacin" is excellent in providing you with essential B3 vitamins

Of corse you could just Buy Hydrolysed Collagen (1000mg) caps as is

This is just a suggestion

but what the others above have said is Really helpful!

I recommend Vit.C, Zinc, Fish oil as a great base of vitamins. I believe it really depends on your diet too and what you are trying to achieve- I take niacin as well for hopeful anti-inflammatory properties.