Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EdzJohnson

Spraying Fragrance's On My Neck?

Hi There,

I'm currently on day 8 of my accutane treatment, so far so good, I had an initial break out and I seem to have already passed it, perhaps because my acne wasn't very bad in the first place.

Anyway, I use fragrance's quite a lot. The usual Eau De Toilette stuff, Gucci, Diesel, FCUK, Prada, ect. - I have done for about a couple of years now and never had any issues with them but since going on the accutane whenever I spray them on my neck they initially sting for a couple of minutes and then it's fine.

Is it normal? Should I stop using the fragrances on my neck while I am on accutane and will they affect my pores?

That sometimes happens as Accutane makes people more sensitive. One thing that does help sensitivity is moisturizing the skin with a neutral, unfragranced moisturizer.

You might try spraying the cologne on your shirt while you're on Accutane....or even your scalp. :) (seriously)

I use fragranced oils now (like the kind you get from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab). They make mens frangrances too. I find I get no stinging with these, but if I spray on ANY perfume I get that initial stinging (and sometimes redness).

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice guys, I think it might be to do with shaving too, I didn't shave this morning and it wasn't as bad a sting. Perhaps when I shave it opens up the pores so I should wait at least half an hour after shaving before spraying!