Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sportsguy23

Hypopigmentation?

Have any of you ever had this from any procedure? Have you dealt with it in any way? Please tell me what procedure caused it and how you dealt with it?

I don't think re-cell is being done in America yet...last I checked at least.

Not sure yet if it is even necessary...I guess it is too soon to tell.. I had dermabrasion in an area on right cheek and there is a specific area that appears to be whiter...in some lighting not noticeable and some noticeable...it is also because the skin is smooth and new...and I wonder if pigment returns back to normal over time.

I am still avoiding sun contact but I wonder if in 6-8 months when I go into sun a little by little the skin will repigment slowly...?

I had dermabrasion 6 months ago for any wondering what caused it.

Have any of you ever had this from any procedure? Have you dealt with it in any way? Please tell me what procedure caused it and how you dealt with it?

I had resultant hypopigmentation from tca and then had the the scars excised by a fantastic plastic surgeon. Google hypopigmentation and there is not much you can do.

I don't think re-cell is being done in America yet...last I checked at least.

Not sure yet if it is even necessary...I guess it is too soon to tell.. I had dermabrasion in an area on right cheek and there is a specific area that appears to be whiter...in some lighting not noticeable and some noticeable...it is also because the skin is smooth and new...and I wonder if pigment returns back to normal over time.

I am still avoiding sun contact but I wonder if in 6-8 months when I go into sun a little by little the skin will repigment slowly...?

I had dermabrasion 6 months ago for any wondering what caused it.

I've had 2 dermabrasions, many years ago, and was advised that I would always need to use sunscreen because much of the skin pigmentation would be lost permanently. I have areas of hypopigmentation also, but it is not too obvious because my skin is light. Bottom line is don't count on the pigmentation returning, although you might try needling.

If you need a good temporary color that does not look like make-up, try Clinique non- streak bronzer (a men's product) mixed with a bit of Monistat chaffing relief powder gel. Very natural looking.