Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jennifer2010

INITIAL BREAKOUT WITH SPIRO/ALDACTONE

I AM A 35 YR OLD FEMALE WITH MILD TO MODERATE CYSTIC ACNE, JUST ON MY LOWER FACE (JAWLINE AREA)...I TEND TO BREAKOUT AROUND MY CYCLE...I AM NOT ON THE BCP. I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT ANTIBIOTICS BUT STOP TAKING THEM. MY DERM PUT ME ON SPIRO LAST TWO WEEKS AGO, I TOOK IT FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN STOPPED...THINKING IT WOULD HAVE BAD EFFECTS ON ME. WELL LAST WEEK I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A FULL MONTH TO TRY IT AND SEE WHAT IT DOES FOR ME??? I HAVE BEEN ON IT A FULL SEVEN DAYS AND IT HAS GIVEN ME ABOUT 3 NEW CYSTIC ACNE BUMPS ON MY CHEEK/JAWLINE...BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE OTHER ONES ARE DRYING UP. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP ME OUT!!! SHOULD I STICK WITH IT? DID ANY OF YOU HAVE AN ITITIAL BREAKOUT? I AM SOOOOO TIRED OF BATTLING ACNE, ESPECIALLY IN MY 30'S, WHEN IT DIDNT BOTHER ME IN MY 20'S!! PLEASE TELL ME YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH THIS MEDICATION.....I HAVE HEARD WONDERFUL THINGS ABOUT IT, BUT IT HAS DEFINIATELY GIVEN ME AN INITIAL BREAKOUT!!

THANK YOU, JENNIFER :wall:

I AM A 35 YR OLD FEMALE WITH MILD TO MODERATE CYSTIC ACNE, JUST ON MY LOWER FACE (JAWLINE AREA)...I TEND TO BREAKOUT AROUND MY CYCLE...I AM NOT ON THE BCP. I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT ANTIBIOTICS BUT STOP TAKING THEM. MY DERM PUT ME ON SPIRO LAST TWO WEEKS AGO, I TOOK IT FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN STOPPED...THINKING IT WOULD HAVE BAD EFFECTS ON ME. WELL LAST WEEK I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A FULL MONTH TO TRY IT AND SEE WHAT IT DOES FOR ME??? I HAVE BEEN ON IT A FULL SEVEN DAYS AND IT HAS GIVEN ME ABOUT 3 NEW CYSTIC ACNE BUMPS ON MY CHEEK/JAWLINE...BUT IT SEEMS THAT THE OTHER ONES ARE DRYING UP. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP ME OUT!!! SHOULD I STICK WITH IT? DID ANY OF YOU HAVE AN ITITIAL BREAKOUT? I AM SOOOOO TIRED OF BATTLING ACNE, ESPECIALLY IN MY 30'S, WHEN IT DIDNT BOTHER ME IN MY 20'S!! PLEASE TELL ME YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH THIS MEDICATION.....I HAVE HEARD WONDERFUL THINGS ABOUT IT, BUT IT HAS DEFINIATELY GIVEN ME AN INITIAL BREAKOUT!!

THANK YOU, JENNIFER :wall:

Hi, Jennifer! I see it's been over a week since your last post, so I'm pretty curious about how you're doing with the Spiro. Did you soldier on through the initial breakout or did you stop taking it? Today is my 7th day, and while I haven't witnessed a miracle (yet!), I haven't had too much of an IB either. I'm wondering if this is because I've been using tretinoin for a couple of months already and had a significant breakout with that, or maybe my dosage is on the low side. I'm on 50 mg a day -- what about you?