Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ella89

Valerian herb for acne

I have been really stressed out lately because of finals. On top of all that, i thought i can detox my body by drinking prune juice every night and apple cider vinegar every morning. Well my face started to break out big time. i stopped the detox. now i am waiting for those pimples to go away. no new one has appeared. my mom told me to drink valerian herb to relax my nerves. (i get pissed off too quickly and i break out the next day)

has anyone tried the herbs? smells bad let me tell u!

OH GOD. Valerian smells like a mix between weed and bark mulch, and every time I drink it in a tea I have crazy feverish nightmares and roll around my bed all night.

I would suggest trying some kava or tulsi tea. :D

I made a nice relaxing chamomile and valerian herb tea. Couldn't find kava.

Also try progressive muscle relaxation (look it up via search engine of your choice).

Yoga is also exceptional for relaxation and stress-reduction.

A short or long quick walk is also a good tension reducer.

Stretching exercises also help reduce tension.

Plain old peppermint tea and honey are relaxing for me, too. And a cozy cat on the lap. ;)

I just learned the other day that if one cries, those tears release cortisol, a stress hormone, so that's one reason one feels relief after crying. Cry a little bit! It's ok.

Does your cat react to the Valerian in the house?

It's in a cabinet sort of up high, so no. :) Perhaps I'll see if they like it next time I have some valerian tea.

A really easy way to relax is take ten full, deep breaths of air. Breath in an think of relaxation, breath out and fell the negativity go out. It sounds too easy, but people RARELY take the few minutes for some deep breathing. Ten full deep breaths in and out reduces anxiety a lot. This is a technique many practicing clinicians tell their patients to use.

um...i take the tablets. what tea are we talking about lol...as for the smell i close my nose or else i will faint.

Valerian root can be purchased dried and ground fine in a capsule, or dried and rough-cut for tea. I'll be anxious to hear from Wynne if it get's her kitty's attention. I used to purchase Valerian root tea in bags from Alvita. I have also purchased Nature's Way Valerian Root capsules too. :)

Valerian root can be purchased dried and ground fine in a capsule, or dried and rough-cut for tea. I'll be anxious to hear from Wynne if it get's her kitty's attention. I used to purchase Valerian root tea in bags from Alvita. I have also purchased Nature's Way Valerian Root capsules too. :)

Valerian herb makes me feel good. I always want to sleep and im actually very calm.

I have been really stressed out lately because of finals. On top of all that, i thought i can detox my body by drinking prune juice every night and apple cider vinegar every morning. Well my face started to break out big time. i stopped the detox. now i am waiting for those pimples to go away. no new one has appeared. my mom told me to drink valerian herb to relax my nerves. (i get pissed off too quickly and i break out the next day)

has anyone tried the herbs? smells bad let me tell u!

Just so you know, any detox you do will initially break you out. Your body is getting rid of all the toxin buildup and so any bacteria stuck under a clogged pore is going to be pushed out. It seems bad at first but in the long run it is well worth it. Yogi makes a detox tea that has many great blood and liver cleansing herbs. You have to drink alot of it, and stick with it for a month while your skin gets rid of all the bacteria that's trapped. I drank a lot of tea that had cleansing properties and while

at first it seems bad, it turns out to be a very good thing, but it takes patience

I just looked up Valerian in my personal "go to" book, Prescription for Nutritional Healing. Actions and Uses are noted as follows: "Acts as a sedative, improves circulation, and reduces mucus from colds. Good for anxiety, fatigue, high blood pressure, insomnia, irritable bowel syndrome, menstrual and muscle cramps, nervousness, pain, spasms, stress, and ulcers."

Interestingly, this same book recommends Burdock Root, Dandelion Leaves, Milk Thistle and Red Clover specifically for acne. The section on acne also comments on Yellow Dock Root, Lavender, Tea Tree Oil, Alfalfa, and Echinacea.

All the best!

Velarian is simply a sedative kinda like sleeping pills. I would suggest meditation, belly-breathing or other activities instead of taking herbs/drugs.