Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dan25

anyone know what to do retin a side effects?

i rercently used tretinoin gel .025 and now i have a sore pink/reddish tone its been almost 2 months since i discontinued and its still there its going away so slowly that i don't know if it even will. any ideas about what i could do? also its so painful right now like i got decked in the jaw

post-107977-1274407957_thumb.jpg

post-107977-1274407957_thumb.jpg

Edited by dan25

I got it to calm down using visine weird I noticed a big white tear all the way down my cheek after using visine so put some all over and looks great, research that.

Sorry this thread is really old, but I have the same side effects as you. It's like a persistant sunburn, I haven't discontinued retin-a and am wondering, did you acne come back after you stopped using it? How old are you?

Sorry this thread is really old, but I have the same side effects as you. It's like a persistant sunburn, I haven't discontinued retin-a and am wondering, did you acne come back after you stopped using it? How old are you?

no not really b/c it's a mild case you should discontinue for sure and use all-natural.

Edited by dan25

lately its kinda better still pinkish and painful don't know why I have pain though its like a soreness that come and goes for days at a time my acnes at least pretty good I guess i'll post again in a couple years maybe then I'll be back to a whitey who knows.

post-107977-1288078004_thumb.jpg

post-107977-1288078004_thumb.jpg

Edited by dan25

lately its kinda better still pinkish and painful don't know why I have pain though its like a soreness that come and goes for days at a time my acnes at least pretty good I guess i'll post again in a couple years maybe then I'll be back to a whitey who knows.

Hey, how long were you on retin-a? My derm told me to try for shallow scars, did you have any? Your skin looks awesome!!! That really persuaded me to stick with it bc right now my face is a total reck!!! AHHH!

Hey, how long were you on retin-a? My derm told me to try for shallow scars, did you have any? Your skin looks awesome!!! That really persuaded me to stick with it bc right now my face is a total reck!!! AHHH!

I really wouldn't use retin-a, try something over-the-counter natural fade cream that has no hydroqui-something, or I would try aha

Edited by dan25