Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
markronan

how to fade red and purple acne marks

when i get a breakout big or small,even if the spots arent big im left with marks that dont seem to fade it lasts for months anyone have any tips on how to fade them or anything please reply thanks

1st are you using bp?

Ok what I am currently doing for my red marks is using topical niacinamide and dans aha lotion, along with an SPF 30 at all times no matter what as well as taking a mutli vitamin without iodine, and about 1000 mg of vitamin c. Exercising regularlly also really helps especially with my skin tone. I have had my redmarks for about a year now but since started this only about three weeks ago my marks have faded dramatically and I am starting to see the skin that I had before I had really bad acne. For the past year I have had moderatley severe acne and now it is just mild and the marks go away rather quickly, however I only had marks while using bp, I now only wash my face with warm water once in the morning and again after exercise or work. I stumbled across a site called scform.com which has practically saved my skin you might want to check it out. If you have any questions just ask.

1st are you using bp?

Ok what I am currently doing for my red marks is using topical niacinamide and dans aha lotion, along with an SPF 30 at all times no matter what as well as taking a mutli vitamin without iodine, and about 1000 mg of vitamin c. Exercising regularlly also really helps especially with my skin tone. I have had my redmarks for about a year now but since started this only about three weeks ago my marks have faded dramatically and I am starting to see the skin that I had before I had really bad acne. For the past year I have had moderatley severe acne and now it is just mild and the marks go away rather quickly, however I only had marks while using bp, I now only wash my face with warm water once in the morning and again after exercise or work. I stumbled across a site called scform.com which has practically saved my skin you might want to check it out. If you have any questions just ask.

So you don't use a facewash?

How do you wash the oils out? Dx

I use Aveeno acne prone with salyclic acid for a facewash.

1st are you using bp?

i use avon clearslin professional 3 steps but cant seem to get rid of the marks it makes my skin look awful

1st are you using bp?

i use avon clearslin professional 3 steps but cant seem to get rid of the marks it makes my skin look awful

I know what you mean. Under most shades of light, my marks aren't too bad, but under others, it looks terrible. Luckily I'm a bit tanned and the marks aren't like... crazy crazy "woah".

I'm starting a 2x daily Epsom salt treatment.

I put about 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt in about 1-2 cups of warm water, stir.

Get a couple paper towels, soak one, wring it slightly and leave it on my forehead.

Another over my cheeks and nose and another along my jaw.

All for about 10-20 minutes. After, I take them off, splash my face with cool water and pat dry.

Moisturize.

I've heard it works for PIH, thus the reason I'm trying it.

Can anyone confirm if I'm doing it right?

1st are you using bp?

Lol, I believe the idea of trying to "get the oil out" is trivial. Really warm water should do the trick without stripping ur skin of the acid mantle etc.

Lol, I believe the idea of trying to "get the oil out" is trivial. Really warm water should do the trick without stripping ur skin of the acid mantle etc.

I always thought of oil being stubborn and only coming off with scalding hot water. -.-