Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enochian

Cetaphil and Mild cleansers are CRAP

First thing in the morning, use an unscented bath SOAP or dishwashing liquid to wash your face.

Last thing at night, do the same thing.

Cetaphil and mild soaps are CRAP!

If you do not believe me, enjoy your acne for the rest of your life. :whistle:

If you are brown skinned, hydroquinone is your friend. Get a prescription tube from your dermatologist.

Also you can put it directly on newly busted acne to prevent darkening. I don't know how many people know that.

Forget about every other product when you are on this regimen.

Edited by Enochian

So basically the biggest mistake is to read the "Biggest Mistakes People Make to Treat Acne" stickied thread up above.

From my personal experience obviously.

Switch to an unscented bar soap or dish washing liquid and you will quickly be acne free with no additional products.

Edited by Enochian

First thing in the morning, use an unscented bath SOAP or dishwashing liquid to wash your face.

Last thing at night, do the same thing.

Cetaphil and mild soaps are CRAP!

If you do not believe me, enjoy your acne for the rest of your life. :whistle:

If you are brown skinned, hydroquinone is your friend. Get a prescription tube from your dermatologist.

Also you can put it directly on newly busted acne to prevent darkening. I don't know how many people know that.

Forget about every other product when you are on this regimen.

I disagree.

dish soap is strong enough to get rid of all the oil on the face.

It is like the exact opposite of mild cleansers like cetaphil

Edited by Enochian

washing your face does not treat acne. even medicated cleaners have been proven not effective as they are washed off. irritation can cause acne, which is why mild cleansers are recommended. i could not imagine using dishwashing soap on your face, it would most likely irritate the crap out of your skin and i dont think i need to explain why thats a bad idea. if thats not that case for you then thats great but dont go recommending it to other people.

I agree with tech99; that sounds like it would be overly drying, overly harsh, and very irritating. Not the best advice I've heard.

Glad it's working for you, though. : )

One day, you will come around and realize that you are the blind leading the blind

Following the advice on the internet nearly ruined my skin. BP is absolute crap for example.

Now my skin is flawless for many years.

Edited by Enochian

Perhaps you just outgrew your acne, and that's why your skin is "flawless"?. That seems to be a more logical line of thought rather than dish washing soap being some sort of miraculous solution.

Perhaps you just outgrew your acne, and that's why your skin is "flawless"?. That seems to be a more logical line of thought rather than dish washing soap being some sort of miraculous solution.

Ok if you don't like the dish soap use bar bath soap. NOT dove.

The key is to get the skin clean which mild cleansers do not accomplish.

I was thinking of sticking my face in the dishwasher during the rinse cycle the other day.

Edited by JayQ

Ok if you don't like the dish soap use bar bath soap. NOT dove.

The key is to get the skin clean which mild cleansers do not accomplish.

Dirt doesn't cause acne. Read about acne pathogenesis here.

I was thinking of sticking my face in the dishwasher during the rinse cycle the other day.

lol

adamrodriquez?

yes this is definetly adamrodriquez

I actually have used dish soap back when I didn't know any better. I can assure you its highly irritating (made my skin crazy dry) and it doesn't work at all. maybe made it worse :|

This is totally true.....for people with oily acne prone skin. You need a detergent soap that can emulsify the oil, meaning make it go into water. Dish washing liquid is great at that. I use Neutrogena but lots of it and that works great for me. Oily skin is made to handle harshness and needs harshness to be clear. So yes, Cetaphil is crap for those of us that need something more harsh.

This is totally true.....for people with oily acne prone skin. You need a detergent soap that can emulsify the oil, meaning make it go into water. Dish washing liquid is great at that. I use Neutrogena but lots of it and that works great for me. Oily skin is made to handle harshness and needs harshness to be clear. So yes, Cetaphil is crap for those of us that need something more harsh.

Wrong. My skin is highly oily and acne prone. Harsh detergent soaps are the worst things for my skin. Acne prone skin IS sensitive skin. I use Cetaphil; when I don't, I break out.

Oil is NOT the only cause of acne. Once again, read the link posted above on acne pathogenesis.

The advice on the internet and by medical professionals is bad.

Even other people now acknowledge that BP causes black spots in brown skinned people.

I wish my dermatologist told me that.

I had to spend years with hydroquinone and acids to fix that.

So you are indeed the blind leading the blind.

Edited by Enochian

Exactly. Amen.

Edited by Enochian

I would never put dishwashing liquid on my face I actually wash my hands with antibacterial soap after I wash dishes but anyways i have a friend who went to the doctor and he said to pat the green dishwashing soap on her face then pat it off with a paper towel and then put fresh brand moisturizer on. He told her the dishwashing soap would sop up all the oil...true story so maybe...I don't know...I would never

The advice on the internet and by medical professionals is bad.

Even other people now acknowledge that BP causes black spots in brown skinned people.

I wish my dermatologist told me that.

I had to spend years with hydroquinone and acids to fix that.

So you are indeed the blind leading the blind.

Nah, that's you being blind, refusing to read up about the safety and effectiveness of BP. Oh, the witch hunt (by you) is on. *rolls eyes*