Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all

I thought id add some new pics up. I know the skins dreadful, can you believe im only 23 !

I'm on accutane at the moment and my skin is going through the usual red, peeling stage and all my pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and all that are coming to the surface. I'm still scarring, though its nice to know once its finished and I give it some time, I'll be able to go for some treatments.

The majority of my scars are ice pick ones and boxcar scars. Hundred and hundred of them, yuckie...

I'm thinking about getting 12 rounds of tca cross done, followed hopefully by a fraxel repairs treatment or two. Hopefully then it will just look a whole lot better.

I guess Im curious if anyone has any other advice :)

http://img443.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=picpg.jpg

Err, it may be the lighting playing tricks, but your scarring looks mild to me and your skin looks fine! :ninja: Seriously, I think you're being too harsh on yourself. Have you ever tried Retin-A?

Your hundreds and hundreds of scars look like enlarged pores to me, not scars. I only see a few actual scars and they're really not that bad. Still, hope you get to the point where you're comfortable with your skin. Good luck. :D

no scarring at all. only some red marks (they will fade away) and enlarged pores.

tca cross or fraxel laser definitely don't work for your type of skin.

stop thinking about that.

maybe start to think about a nose job or chin surgery

Edited by Emhfali

I don't see anything wrong with the guys chin or nose, am i missing something?

I don't see anything wrong with the guys chin or nose, am i missing something?

There is nothing wrong with him....and his skin looks just fine.........

I had to search over and over for the "scars" you're talking about. All I see slightly close to scarring are enlarged pores. You can do one treatment for enlarged pores and you'd be done. Or you can just buy drug store products for them. You're lucky!

Hey monkey, maybe you should take pics in dimmer lighting. It doesn't look like you have scars, maybe a couple of minor ones.

Hey monkey, maybe you should take pics in dimmer lighting. It doesn't look like you have scars, maybe a couple of minor ones.

i dont think they are enlarged pores since most of those closed up last year with the tca peel. most closed up again after the first month of accutane. im also applying a small amount of sacrylic acid to close up the pores after the blackheads come out.

the pits are mostly from extraordinarilly large blackheads falling out and the boxcar scars are from inflammed pimples which have since broken and scarred, leaving distinctly indented scar tissue. most arent that deep, being only 2-3mm in depth. when you have hundreds though, they are noticable.

the biggest boxcar (16 of them) are probably 4mm in depth and 2-6mm wide. i did tca cross on a few of them last year and a few rose up a good few mm, especially on the boxcar scars. hence the desire to do it again.

the smoothing again comes from the poor lighting and the 6mp camera. ive tried doing the whole standing under the light thing, its just so hard to take a good pic ! i admire all of you who are good at all that. the reason i sat there is i found my scars look worse in the shade, compared to when i stand in the sun.

i guess like everyone here its more a point of wanting to smooth them all out, so i look less ragged. its hard to get dressed up and go for interviews looking all ragged all the time. being narrow and deep, the lighting tends to change the look of them completely. i tend to look wonderful by night, terrible by day.

anyhoo thanks for all your replies guys ! i love you heaps as always.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Hi CM

I only see one boxscar. The rest is enlarged pores and a ruddy complexion with some red stains.

I really see nothing else. Your gonna have to try taking photos in different lighting. What works for me to capture my scars is standing outside during daylight in front of my door with the inside of my house being darker and then taking a photo of me facing the inside of my house or taking a photo inside a dim room looking out a window on a sunny day.

But if this photo is a true representation of your skin then I would suggest you do nothing except letting your skin calm down from the accutane. Good Luck!

Hi CM

I only see one boxscar. The rest is enlarged pores and a ruddy complexion with some red stains.

I really see nothing else. Your gonna have to try taking photos in different lighting. What works for me to capture my scars is standing outside during daylight in front of my door with the inside of my house being darker and then taking a photo of me facing the inside of my house or taking a photo inside a dim room looking out a window on a sunny day.

But if this photo is a true representation of your skin then I would suggest you do nothing except letting your skin calm down from the accutane. Good Luck!

hey jackiey, thanks for ur advice. the standing in the doorway thing sounds like a good idea. they always look worse then.

im pretty baffled why they dont show up in pics. when im with people they immediately know what im talking about and all agree something serious needs to be done. when i take pics, to post on here and all, you cant see them at all.

trust me jackiey, my scars are worse than yours. ive seen your close up ones and id kill for your skin :P well you know what i mean, lol.

Thanks CM

I wish I could believe you but I am having a hard time thinking my skin is anything but terrible. The doorway makes me cringe so I think that might make it show in photos. I used to take photos and everyone thought I had just large pores. It takes the right lighting and angles.

When people notice your skin in person do they tell you they see scarring but that it's mild?

Very little...slight pitting here and there. Everybody has scars bro. Even demi moore.

Nobody notices.

One big thing tho, your skin is really dehydrated and might be going sun damage as well, so take care of it from that angle.

The red marks will disappear.

I have to agree with Usaac.

I am kinda pissed that anyone would suggest that you need serious treatment. I mean do these people have like more than perfect skin or what. You dont have skin atrophy you have slight texture issues. Stop listening to these fools please. But yes sun damage and dehydration may be your issue. I live in sunny california and I am fighting it all the time constantly applying strong sunscreen.

I have to agree with Usaac.

I am kinda pissed that anyone would suggest that you need serious treatment. I mean do these people have like more than perfect skin or what. You dont have skin atrophy you have slight texture issues. Stop listening to these fools please. But yes sun damage and dehydration may be your issue. I live in sunny california and I am fighting it all the time constantly applying strong sunscreen.

jackiey - oh i wish u lived closer, then we could discuss all this more easilly. dry climates and skin definitely dont mix. its rained here today for like the second time in at least 2-3 months and our gardens dead! i was thinking about your skin earlier and what might go welll for you is some makeup. ive heard it really improves the look of the skin.

i think ill go for the tca crosses still. i had some good success with tca peels in the past and the idea they might close them up even more is appealing. if it really isnt that bad, hopefully it wont take long to fix. if it is, then im prepared for that too.

the fraxel repair, well people seem to look stunning afterwards, so thats definitely on the list.

usacc = i didnt even think of dehydration. it does seem to be a big issue. my skins been oilly for so long (pre accutane) i didnt even think about it. ill try and drink more water and moisturise. thanks for noticing.

ps if it helps anyone here, ive found stopping all diary consumption has stopped new pimple outbreaks. so if anyone here is still having diary consider cutting it out :)

okies, i think thats all the answers im likely to get from this post. so thanks heaps again.

hey CM,

It looks like you have a few boxcars. I seem to have similar scarring, as far as the type. I would not recommend fraxel. I did it, spent tons of money, and the only thing I saw was a general improvement in skin texture, but the scars remained the same.

How was your experience with TCA cross? Could you share that with us, since you seem to have been pleased with the results.

GL!

hey CM,

It looks like you have a few boxcars. I seem to have similar scarring, as far as the type. I would not recommend fraxel. I did it, spent tons of money, and the only thing I saw was a general improvement in skin texture, but the scars remained the same.

How was your experience with TCA cross? Could you share that with us, since you seem to have been pleased with the results.

GL!

of course mate, thats what we are hear for afterall.

im curious did you get the fraxel repair or the fraxel restore? i agree neither will have much of an effect on ice pick or boxcar scars, mainly because they are too narrow. i was thinking of having it done once the scars have filled in with the tca cross. then the laser will only need to further smooth what is already hopefully smooth. i have a terrible rugged skin tone generally and the fraxel repair should help with that.

i did tca cross on myself last year. im pretty clumsy and did cause some additional scarring. i did see some 20-30% improvement in my larger scars and this has made me realise its a worthwhile acid. it seems a lot of people here have used tca cross successfully in the past and have recieved upwards of 70-100% improvement in their scarring. they do a few sessions though, but who cares, if it works. i recommend you go and look through the posts of maya and reilly. both of them tried tca cross, were successful and were happy enough to leave the boards. many used egf creams and found them to help the healing. some also recommend copper peptides, though i found they broke me out horribly. led light therapy (red and yellow) also looks like it might help with the healing.

im going to get it done professionally. im almost finished uni and the cost of a professional tca treatment is practically nothing. so yeah, heres to hoping :) i wont be starting for another 7 months, when i do though, ill share pics all the time.

hey

Make-up makes my pores look larger than life. I wish my skin would look better with some make-up.

sorry to hear that. was just an idea :(

Have you tried HA creams? I purchased some in november and it definitely helped my skin look better. It plumps up the scars slightly. I'm not going to use it until ive finished my scar treatments but afterwards, it would be a good final addition. Perhaps you could give that a try?

i looked at my mums skin today and she has terrible skin too. much like mine from when she got acne and never had it treated.

do you think if the bad skins genetic, that treatments would still help?

Your skin dont have that many scars, althou you have large pores. Your skin is quite similiar to mine, maybe you have a little bit larger pores....Its tough to have large pores i know, but they can be tigted up with for example a facial scrub.

And yes your skin seems dry at the moment because of accutane I guess...My skin also looked quite bad on accutane, but i promise it will get better after you are finished with accutane.

Your face would like real good with a tan...Dont you live in australia??

Your skin dont have that many scars, althou you have large pores. Your skin is quite similiar to mine, maybe you have a little bit larger pores....Its tough to have large pores i know, but they can be tigted up with for example a facial scrub.

And yes your skin seems dry at the moment because of accutane I guess...My skin also looked quite bad on accutane, but i promise it will get better after you are finished with accutane.

Your face would like real good with a tan...Dont you live in australia??

i think you are right, i do have a lot of large pores. ive also counted though and there are 30-40 ice pick and boxcar scars though that id love to tca cross. they have distinct darker scar tissue inside them and noticable edges. the tan, yeah thats a goal too, once all this is over. we are almost in winter now, so i have an excuse, lol :)

... leaving distinctly indented scar tissue. most arent that deep, being only 2-3mm in depth. when you have hundreds though, they are noticable.

the biggest boxcar (16 of them) are probably 4mm in depth and 2-6mm wide. i did tca cross on a few of them last year and a few rose up a good few mm, especially on the boxcar scars. hence the desire to do it again...

I think you had a similar post a while ago, most said they can't see any real scars and was suggested you should take better pics to show these bad scars no one can see.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you may suffer from body dysmorphia.

If my skin looked as good as yours, I would not waste time here.

Now those measurements you mention are unrealistic or you don't know measuring that well, 4mm in depth, really? Those type of statements go exactly with what body dismorphia is.

I had to search over and over for the "scars" you're talking about. All I see slightly close to scarring are enlarged pores. You can do one treatment for enlarged pores and you'd be done. Or you can just buy drug store products for them. You're lucky!

I second this.

I am looking high and low for any serious scarring, you are fine thou.

Or you are having high hopes?

Or is the light doing the tricks?

Anyway before things comes worst, continue to take care alright?

Your skin consider not very bad.

Just a little treatment and you are done.

sorry to hear that. was just an idea :(

Have you tried HA creams? I purchased some in november and it definitely helped my skin look better. It plumps up the scars slightly. I'm not going to use it until ive finished my scar treatments but afterwards, it would be a good final addition. Perhaps you could give that a try?

i looked at my mums skin today and she has terrible skin too. much like mine from when she got acne and never had it treated.

do you think if the bad skins genetic, that treatments would still help?

Cartwheeling, sorry I don't know your name. Where did you purchase your HA cream? What is it exactly? I could maybe use some... :think: My skin definitely needs some plumping; without using retinoids.

... leaving distinctly indented scar tissue. most arent that deep, being only 2-3mm in depth. when you have hundreds though, they are noticable.

the biggest boxcar (16 of them) are probably 4mm in depth and 2-6mm wide. i did tca cross on a few of them last year and a few rose up a good few mm, especially on the boxcar scars. hence the desire to do it again...

I think you had a similar post a while ago, most said they can't see any real scars and was suggested you should take better pics to show these bad scars no one can see.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you may suffer from body dysmorphia.

If my skin looked as good as yours, I would not waste time here.

Now those measurements you mention are unrealistic or you don't know measuring that well, 4mm in depth, really? Those type of statements go exactly with what body dismorphia is.

Oh its cool. we are here to help after all. Whilst I admit the camera is still shoddy, I definitely have body dismorphia and low self esteem. A few mates picked me up on that a few months back when I told them how i felt. I'm often suprised by the people i date, they are all quite stunning in my opinion. I'm often amazed how people seem to overlook the flaws in others.

Whilst my scarring isnt excessively deep, I do have a lot of them and ive always judged myself pretty harshly on that. Theres so many days that pass when I tell myself Im the worst person in the world, when in reality acne and scarring is beyond our control. I would still like to reduce my existing scarring though, like a lot of people here :)

I do get family saying, oh your skin looks a lot better on overcast days or at night. So I definitely dont have the greatest skin in the world, though whether or not its end of the world material is a completely different story. I know a lot of people post pics of skin thats a lot better than mine.

Thanks again for your honesty, its definitely what this board needs :)