Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

true, but i still wasted shit loads of time. I'm glad I'm a better person though.

true, but i still wasted shit loads of time. I'm glad I'm a better person though.

You didn't waste time, during that time you became a better person (=

i used to be kind before acne, now i hate everyone because of it. i fail to realize how acne could make someone more caring.

I have to agree with this. Im usually really nice and upbeat, but with acne Im a veritable monster and want to kill everyone.

Acne has given me so much. Temperance, increased patience, understanding, and some wonderful friendships. I've met three people from this site and I'm going on a month long roadtrip with another in a couple months :D

It's also given me the opportunity to be a lovely moderator to you all. I know some of you adore me for that. ;)

i used to be kind before acne, now i hate everyone because of it. i fail to realize how acne could make someone more caring.

I have to agree with this. Im usually really nice and upbeat, but with acne Im a veritable monster and want to kill everyone.

Truth ^

I don't deny that acne has made me a kinder, less superficial, and more sensitive person. But, it has taken out of me MUCH more than it has given me. Acne is bullshit.

All true... I'd have to agree.... I feel like if I have my physical confidence back, a lot would come back to me. It's not just my acne though....

I used to be a social butterfly that could make people see the world through my eyes, and smile, and just be happy when I'm around, you know? There are bright moments these days, but rare... I've never been the same cus of my acne, and lets just say "other" physical features of me, cus I'm tired of being depressed over my looks. Nowadays the thought of being invisible comforts me sometimes.

No wait... its not true... its not the acne or my physical features, but the way people are reacting to it, all their prejudice. ... Why should they even matter? It's just difficult cus there are so many of them.... But thinking about it, they have no value in our life. Why should we even put up with them, waste energy on them, and put ourselves down?

I still think it's worth the journey though. If we didn't have acne, we would most likely think different about it, though we might not outright judge someone for it. I believe having the ability to sympathize and the open mindedness to go beyond looks mean a lot. It's a good inside of you that cannot be taken from you. I'm thinking most if not all of us have experience with people who are otherwise.... Sad but true.

Mmm I was just on my vf site. Got some quotes for you guys.

"A man who does not think for himself does not think at all."

"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you."

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

~ Oscar Wilde

Lets start living our life the way we want to, its never too late to, living sometime is better than not living at all, cus we're all pretty much fed up of letting acne run the course, aren't we? Time to take over. That's my goal at least. Join me? I'm tired of being in this ditch.

Acne shaped me a lot. I have learned to stand up for myself, I have discovered makeup (concealer which led to artsy makeup that i love), I do not judge people now, I am more sympathetic, I've learned valuable life lessons, and I met many wonderful people on this site because of acne =)

Acne shaped me a lot. I have learned to stand up for myself, I have discovered makeup (concealer which led to artsy makeup that i love), I do not judge people now, I am more sympathetic, I've learned valuable life lessons, and I met many wonderful people on this site because of acne =)

There you go =)=)! You know Sixpence None the Richer? There she goes, there she goes again =D lovely song :dance: your comment reminded me of that. You put it all too well =D. I wish I wasn't attached to makeup so much, but I actually really do like the creative side of it and putting it on. That's something I'm really happy about too, if I didn't have acne, I would most likely not have gotten on this site. I just basically only really started yesterday despite making my account a year ago. There are so many warm hearted people on here :wub: just exactly more of what I need.

I just basically only really started yesterday despite making my account a year ago. There are so many warm hearted people on here :wub: just exactly more of what I need.

aww, you sound incredibly sweet :proud: i agree, def a lot of warm hearts on here.

um, i think there are good things that come with acne. but it was harder for me to see that during my worst skin days.

i think acne has shown me the importance of valuing yourself, no matter what random ppl are saying about you. i admit that getting criticized by ppl i actually know is hard, but having acne has also made it much easier for me to accept.

it's also opened my eyes to the strong influence of society and culture, and how you have to define beauty for yourself. it took me a while to realize that the majority's view of beauty isn't something that you have to believe.

This.

Yesterday I sat in the corner of a classroom and analyzed everyone's face. I noticed NO ONE had acne, not a single pimple. A group of 40 random people with perfectly clear skin. and me... covered in monster cysts, humongous whiteheads, bleeding pores, and scars that would put two-face to shame.

I really wanted to just get up and rub my face against everyone :D

I just basically only really started yesterday despite making my account a year ago. There are so many warm hearted people on here :wub: just exactly more of what I need.

aww, you sound incredibly sweet :proud: i agree, def a lot of warm hearts on here.

um, i think there are good things that come with acne. but it was harder for me to see that during my worst skin days.

i think acne has shown me the importance of valuing yourself, no matter what random ppl are saying about you. i admit that getting criticized by ppl i actually know is hard, but having acne has also made it much easier for me to accept.

it's also opened my eyes to the strong influence of society and culture, and how you have to define beauty for yourself. it took me a while to realize that the majority's view of beauty isn't something that you have to believe.

It's always gonna be tough =( like when I let my guard down I sometimes drown in depression from acne. But we can do it :). Your comment made me happy thanks :wub:

This.

Yesterday I sat in the corner of a classroom and analyzed everyone's face. I noticed NO ONE had acne, not a single pimple. A group of 40 random people with perfectly clear skin. and me... covered in monster cysts, humongous whiteheads, bleeding pores, and scars that would put two-face to shame.

I really wanted to just get up and rub my face against everyone :D

Lol I'm not sure if I got your respond to Misery but the last part made me giggle. I've been so envious of people with clear skin but I'm tired of that now. Doesn't mean I don't want clear skin ofc. I'm just fed up of wasting my time wishing I was someone else.

Putting the negatives aside, I feel like it makes a lot of people more understanding and kind towards others.

Yes true, acne makes people a lot less shallow and less judging of other people. Hopefully when everyone here clears up they will keep the values they learned when they had acne.

Putting the negatives aside, I feel like it makes a lot of people more understanding and kind towards others.

yes i won't argue with that, to be honest if i had flawless skin i'd be one arrogant b*tch. but you have to admit, the cons outweigh the pros ;/

Yes true, acne makes people a lot less shallow and less judging of other people. Hopefully when everyone here clears up they will keep the values they learned when they had acne.

Yes I hope so too.... I've had 6 years practice now lol. I'm quite sure I will. Actually I've never really judged people anyway and my experiences on the streets have taught me to be better. Eh. Perhaps those 6 years are installing that into me some more lol. I know how it feels now.

Hellstorm I actually agree. I guess all I was hoping was to point out that its not all completely, utterly negative.

truth is if i had clear skin i'd probably be cocky and maybe an asshole, im kinda glad that im not like that. and If i have to be ugly then maybe it's worth it for other people.

truth is if i had clear skin i'd probably be cocky and maybe an asshole, im kinda glad that im not like that. and If i have to be ugly then maybe it's worth it for other people.

Hey you know what. I was thinking before that maybe being messed up is not so bad after all, if it makes other people feel better, which it probably does. My life has always been pretty fucked up so I fit into that perfectly. I'd likely fuck up and mess up big time some more in the future too.

It's the balance. Without dumb shits there can't be smart asses, and without people failing there can't be successful people, right? So I'm not completely useless :D. Hah, I don't know. That thought gave me comfort.

acne is teaching me to be a healthier person and that is super fantastic :D

Healthier in a lot of ways too - diet, relationships, wants and needs... I'm not sure if I would appreciate life as much as I do if I didn't have acne.

Why do i never meet fun people like you irl , sigh.

Aww :wub: cherry on top of my day :D thanks much :wub: I'm so happy I started using this site. I'm still drifting through life atm... but now I got a smile on me face cus of people like you:D. I agree. Would be sooooooo coooooooOoOoooOooool if we were able to meet as we want.

Lol I've been on here for such a long time today >.< but I'm happyy (: :dance:

acne is teaching me to be a healthier person and that is super fantastic :D

Healthier in a lot of ways too - diet, relationships, wants and needs... I'm not sure if I would appreciate life as much as I do if I didn't have acne.

That's really cool. Thinking about relationships as you mention it, I feel like it's made my meaning of friendship far more powerful. I love your post, it's full of positivity (:!