Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

most of the people in this section seem to be teenagers that dont even have acne. they get a couple of zits and think the world is crashing down on them. bunch of weak kids.....id hate to see what would happen when they are in the real world. it honestly pisses me off reading the sob stories here... "omgz i got a pimple on my face i wont be able to go to homecoming dance with him/her. my life is ruined!!111".

you guys are in for a rude awakening when life deals you REAL problems

I know a lot are like this.

I used to be too (I never knew about this place then though),

but I really wish I wouldn't have thrown my skin away like I did.

I kept breaking out with like 3 pimples so I started switching products

and then I became how I am :'(

sucks. I didn't cause it completely.

it was all the BP. :X

My acne isn't all that bad and I don't make it out to seem worse than it is. That doesn't mean I've never had a huge breakout before, haven't been upset, etc.

I've moved on from hating to my skin to just not caring how it looks. My life isn't ruined; I think too many people overreact tbh :shrug:

But my life is something no one knows anything about, so the stress it causes is immense. Acne isn't the least of my problems. I'm still positive though and I think people should be thankful for what they DO have.

most of the people in this section seem to be teenagers that dont even have acne. they get a couple of zits and think the world is crashing down on them. bunch of weak kids.....id hate to see what would happen when they are in the real world. it honestly pisses me off reading the sob stories here... "omgz i got a pimple on my face i wont be able to go to homecoming dance with him/her. my life is ruined!!111".

I know a lot are like this.

I used to be too (I never knew about this place then though),

but I really wish I wouldn't have thrown my skin away like I did.

I kept breaking out with like 3 pimples so I started switching products

and then I became how I am :'(

sucks. I didn't cause it completely.

it was all the BP. :X

Did BP really mess you up, too? :o I thought I was the only one! I used only salycic acid for a while, and that was good, but then one day I ran out and had to use this old tube of BP that I had bought for no reason. Then bam, dry itchy skin that keeps breaking out.

You are on acne.org, bro. It should be expected.

And truth be told, Id rather deal with emotional problems than acne. Maybe Im a shallow vapid teenager, but I honestly think my outlook would be ten times better if my face was clear.

my face is relatively clear of acne. but the scarring is severe. been told by 2 dermatologists that even with expensive laser resurfacing, it will only help to reduce the severity, however the indents wont ever permanently go away. the scars are permanent.

chest and back i still have moderate to severe acne.. and a good load of scars that are most definitely permanent. keloided scars i believe theyre called (:

still get the occasional active cysts on different parts of my body as well and those are always fun.

depressed, anxiety problems, lack of self-anything.. ive got it all. and somehow im still here (:

If it makes you feel any better, I think that pit scars are actually really cool looking.

im sure youd change your mind most immediately upon a gaze at my face..

I can't help but feel that that comment is directed at me since I wrote about being worried for prom(not even my prom, transferred to homeschooling... don't even have a partner, so I'm not THAT worried much about it, but it would suck if I can't find a dress that would cover it all). I don't want to start a raging discussion but you should watch what you say, especially when you don't know people. You definitely don't know me or my life.

I got worse problems to deal with than acne, but acne definitely contributes. Maybe I'm a weak kid, but it doesn't help when you have people making fun of the way you look saying "you look funny" and damn right calling you ugly in the face. It's high school, drama is a part of it, but when its repeated to you everyday it does drag you down. There was a guy who was probably closest to me in class. He was a class clown/bully. An artistic guy, good heart too but I guess you gotta show your tough side and shit in front of people. One day in history he was making fun of some other kid. I told him to stop it cus he's no better. I wasn't even being aggressive. Then he started freaking out from lack of esteem I guess.... I can't remember much of what happened, but then he goes "I bet 100$ that you're uglier than me. I bet you they'll agree". Then he started announcing that to the whole class.... They started laughing and the guy he was making fun of laughed too. Its not all because of the acne of course. I'm short, I have bad hair, I have a big nose being from Vietnam, my skin used to be way more red and oily, and I used to get bigger spots.

I'm pretty good at sport, I do well in school, I try to be nice to everyone I meet.... But it doesn't matter, trying my best don't mean shit cus people I meet can't get past my looks, or are filled with prejudice.

You are on acne.org, bro. It should be expected.

And truth be told, Id rather deal with emotional problems than acne. Maybe Im a shallow vapid teenager, but I honestly think my outlook would be ten times better if my face was clear.

Acne is bad cus it drags you down, and it can lead to emotional/psychological problems... but acne and emotional problems... I'd just suck it up and deal with my acne. I know both, I'm a slave to emotions, and acne is easier to handle, trust me.

my face is relatively clear of acne. but the scarring is severe. been told by 2 dermatologists that even with expensive laser resurfacing, it will only help to reduce the severity, however the indents wont ever permanently go away. the scars are permanent.

chest and back i still have moderate to severe acne.. and a good load of scars that are most definitely permanent. keloided scars i believe theyre called (:

still get the occasional active cysts on different parts of my body as well and those are always fun.

depressed, anxiety problems, lack of self-anything.. ive got it all. and somehow im still here (:

If it makes you feel any better, I think that pit scars are actually really cool looking.

Do you have any pictures? My boyfriend has them and ahhhhh I love how they look.

Do you have any pictures? My boyfriend has them and ahhhhh I love how they look.

I went over all the comments, and when I saw this I was like "oo I agree too". I think pit scars look cool too :D. You know, tough looking :D.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/goes-WTF-...ly-t268218.html

this is me.

btw if you have similar condition as me feel free to chip in

onto the topic I dont think I have it that bad now.

when I took the pic there I was already like 20% better than I was just 1 month ago before applying the creams

but fuck the creams its got bp and its no long term solution

on my emotionally scarring side I have acne like that for 12 yrs and now Im 25 soon to be 26

if I didnt tough myself up I'd be a complete loner loser with no friends IRL

that I say the same to you

if you want to feel bad feel bad, but dont feel like shit for the whole day

go out or sth if you find yourself feeling bad for more than 1 hr

cheers to everyone

My acne isn't all that bad and I don't make it out to seem worse than it is. That doesn't mean I've never had a huge breakout before, haven't been upset, etc.

I've moved on from hating to my skin to just not caring how it looks. My life isn't ruined; I think too many people overreact tbh :shrug:

But my life is something no one knows anything about, so the stress it causes is immense. Acne isn't the least of my problems. I'm still positive though and I think people should be thankful for what they DO have.

you must be in the healing phase.

i still break out daily.

sorry, but i'm constantly reminded.

and these things hurt!

i think your underestimating the context in which i use the word 'severe'

the worlds a harsh place (:

you must be in the healing phase.

i still break out daily.

sorry, but i'm constantly reminded.

and these things hurt!

Uuuugh I hate that. WHen you have a really painful swollen one, and you just cant forget about it cause whenever you move your face it throbs.

Well, I dont have good skin. Not the worst but not great either. I have photos to prove it.But I think I am way harder on myself then most would be towards me.

Recently, I broke out terribly around my mouth due to uni stress. I have 2 matching pustules on both corners of my mouth (I hate those!), 2 pustules and an assortment of papules right above my mouth, and several lovely cysts below my mouth. I also have several small zits on the left side of my forehead, but those are manageable. I used to break out alot on my cheeks, but now I just have scars there. :doh:

I'm not sure, but I guess you could say that my acne falls in the moderate range? It's very persistent and takes ages to heal, though. And it scars! :S

Edited by maggipie

Well, I dont have good skin. Not the worst but not great either. I have photos to prove it.But I think I am way harder on myself then most would be towards me.

I think I can relate... feels far too familiar. I'm a "perfectionist"... I don't want me or the things I do to be "perfect", but I always have to try my hardest, try to be the best I can be. Everyone else, I rarely pass a judgement, unless it's for something horrific like a person kicking a kitty. Wow then would that person taste my fury lol

Recently, I broke out terribly around my mouth due to uni stress. I have 2 matching pustules on both corners of my mouth (I hate those!), 2 pustules and an assortment of papules right above my mouth, and several lovely cysts below my mouth. I also have several small zits on the left side of my forehead, but those are manageable. I used to break out alot on my cheeks, but now I just have scars there. :doh:

I'm not sure, but I guess you could say that my acne falls in the moderate range? It's very persistent and takes ages to heal, though. And it scars! :S

Yeah, when I get acne, they take FOREVER to go away, and hey almost ALWAYS leave scars, whether I touch them or not, pop them or leave them alone :/. I hope it gets better for you. I'm slacking off on my schoolwork at the moment.... I get good grades when I do my work but nowadays I just can't be bothered. :sick:

There are a lot of 'misery' threads on this subboard. Depression, suicide, can't get a gf, etc. But to the people who post here: what is your acne actually like?

Is it severe, to the point of people staring at you in public? Is it minor, nothing more than a couple pimples? Is it just red marks, and nothing else? Is it scarring?

I'm one of these 'misery people,' deep in depression and all that. My acne isn't all that bad though, just a couple pimples and minor-moderate red marks.

I'm not trying to have people justify their depression based on what level of acne they have. Everything's relative. I'm just interested to know.

Mine's bad. Scarring is bad. My face looks like cottage cheese/orange peel with cysts on top. Red marks EVERYWHERE. Deeper ice picks and pitted scars on the cheeks, forehead, and temples. People stare. People make comments. Old ladies LOVE to approach me and tell me that I need to do, such such and such to cure myself. The most common comment I hear is "It's such a shame...." The rest of the time, people don't interact with me at all.

My mother lies to me constantly and tells me I'm fine. It makes me so angry to be lied to. And then it makes me angry for people to be honest. I'm just angry. And depressed. Life simply isn't fun with nobody wants to play with you.

Yeah, when I get acne, they take FOREVER to go away, and hey almost ALWAYS leave scars, whether I touch them or not, pop them or leave them alone :/. I hope it gets better for you. I'm slacking off on my schoolwork at the moment.... I get good grades when I do my work but nowadays I just can't be bothered. :sick:

Aww thanks, Holding.On! I slathered on Dan's BP and I'm not under stress, so my face is better today. Hopefully my skin can withstand the next bout of stress hits me. -_-; And I know what you mean about slacking off on school work. I'm doing it now!