Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There are a lot of 'misery' threads on this subboard. Depression, suicide, can't get a gf, etc. But to the people who post here: what is your acne actually like?

Is it severe, to the point of people staring at you in public? Is it minor, nothing more than a couple pimples? Is it just red marks, and nothing else? Is it scarring?

I'm one of these 'misery people,' deep in depression and all that. My acne isn't all that bad though, just a couple pimples and minor-moderate red marks.

I'm not trying to have people justify their depression based on what level of acne they have. Everything's relative. I'm just interested to know.

Hi there.

I have a few pimples here and there on my face, usually about 5. They're usually not cystic and huge or that painful(purely physically based...), but the thing is, I've turned 18 recently and have had acne since 12. It adds up. Scaring is not THAT terribly bad as some people have it, but it is bad.

I also have only a few pimples here and there on my back, but I wouldn't wear anything that would show it because I have terrible scaring =(.

My chest is probably the best place right now out of the 3, but I still have some scars there and get some spots once in a while.

I don't leave my house without a top that covers my back fully and I feel insecure and naked without makeup. Damaged self esteem? Definitely....

Can you please help me? How do you upload pictures on here? I'd like to keep a better track of my acne progress. I'm taking it seriously now more than ever.

Edited by Holding.On

have you tried birth control? I heard that clears a lot of females up?

with regards to pictures and uploading, when you go to create a reply, under the box which you are typing in, there is a section that says "attachments", click the browse button to the right of that box. find the pic you wish to show. then click upload, then once its uploaded it makes an img link, you then copy and paste the img link into this box where you are typing and it will show up.

I've wanted to for a while. Will probably be able to this summer since I'm moving to Norway. I've heard good and bad about it... still have a lot of hope in it though... lol. We'll see. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll take it to the next level instead of just thinking and wanting it.

Very helpful thanks =)

post-104305-1274355204_thumb.jpg

This is what I'm most insecure of right now. I think the picture made it look better. My face I'm less worried about, cus I can wear makeup.

It's so messed up.... Prom dance is coming, haven't even looked for a dress yet :( I'm worried that I won't be able to find one that'll cover my whole back....

with regards to pictures and uploading, when you go to create a reply, under the box which you are typing in, there is a section that says "attachments", click the browse button to the right of that box. find the pic you wish to show. then click upload, then once its uploaded it makes an img link, you then copy and paste the img link into this box where you are typing and it will show up.

Edited by Holding.On

I've wanted to for a while. Will probably be able to this summer since I'm moving to Norway. I've heard good and bad about it... still have a lot of hope in it though... lol. We'll see. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll take it to the next level instead of just thinking and wanting it.

Very helpful thanks =)

This is what I'm most insecure of right now. I think the picture made it look better. My face I'm less worried about, cus I can wear makeup.

It's so messed up.... Prom dance is coming, haven't even looked for a dress yet :( I'm worried that I won't be able to find one that'll cover my whole back....

its not even that bad tbh! bit of bronzing fake tan will sort that out. have you tried washing your back with SA cleanse (something with bha) in it? I started doing this about 4 weeks ago and its cleared me up rather well

Edited by want2beme

Very helpful thanks =)

its not even that bad tbh! bit of bronzing fake tan will sort that out. have you tried washing your back with SA cleanse (something with bha) in it? I started doing this about 4 weeks ago and its cleared me up rather well

I think the camera made it look better. I'd never go out in a spaghetti strap even though I love those cus they're comfy for me =(. Be honest, would you date a girl with bacne like that? I'm trying vinegar right now, applying before I go to sleep, and showering with baking soda. I'm not sure about the result yet but I've kept switching in the past from being impatient, so I want to keep to it for at least 2 months now and see lol. Glad its clearing up for you =).

mine is mainly red marks/blackheads/scars. and a continuous stream of pimples.. but i get them to go and then i eat something wrong and they come back.. endless cycl.e

mine is mainly red marks/blackheads/scars. and a continuous stream of pimples.. but i get them to go and then i eat something wrong and they come back.. endless cycl.e

I think food triggers my acne too. Most probably spicy foods and instant noodles, but I can never really tell for sure and that's what sucks when it comes to food.... :mad:

It's best to break it down into sources rather than types; find if wheat triggers you, then gluten, then sugar, dairy.

Then avoid whichever breaks you out.

I'm pretty confident in saying I'm probably one of the most mentally affected by acne on this site. Right now I have like...a really big red bump under my left eye, 2 bumps on my chin, one forming on my left cheek, blackheads on my nose, and a ton of red marks. But I'm not feeling that down today, I'm starting a raw food diet and also starting to take anti depressants.

It's best to break it down into sources rather than types; find if wheat triggers you, then gluten, then sugar, dairy.

Then avoid whichever breaks you out.

I'm not good at keeping track ='( do you know of any tests that I can take for it? One of my classmates once said she went to the hospital for it, they did some tests, then they were able to tell her which foods to avoid for her acne. Does that even exist?

I'm pretty confident in saying I'm probably one of the most mentally affected by acne on this site. Right now I have like...a really big red bump under my left eye, 2 bumps on my chin, one forming on my left cheek, blackheads on my nose, and a ton of red marks. But I'm not feeling that down today, I'm starting a raw food diet and also starting to take anti depressants.

That sounds great:) I hope it'll help out. It's easier said than done, but it is possible for us to achieve a state of peace despite our acne. I heard some people are still antisocial and depressed despite their acne clearing up.... So lets just live now

I'm starting to fall in love with the people on this site :wub:

I had something similar few years back which was done at a health food shop, just for allergies though and not general acne related.

I found out because the day after I have a large dose of sugar I break out. Perhaps try that.

I had something similar few years back which was done at a health food shop, just for allergies though and not general acne related.

I found out because the day after I have a large dose of sugar I break out. Perhaps try that.

I'll wait till I can find a place that I can test for food allergies lol

which is in about a few months.

I can't bear the thought that sugar makes me break out >.< :ninja:

Just like the other guy said, it's not bad at all, looks pretty mild, and seems like it'ld cover really good with a fake tan. Couple of years ago back in HS, tons of girls got fake tans before dances just because it was 'in', not sure if its like that over there?

my face is relatively clear of acne. but the scarring is severe. been told by 2 dermatologists that even with expensive laser resurfacing, it will only help to reduce the severity, however the indents wont ever permanently go away. the scars are permanent.

chest and back i still have moderate to severe acne.. and a good load of scars that are most definitely permanent. keloided scars i believe theyre called (:

still get the occasional active cysts on different parts of my body as well and those are always fun.

depressed, anxiety problems, lack of self-anything.. ive got it all. and somehow im still here (:

I mostly just get small or medium-sized pimples, but I get a lot of them. Blackheads too. Occasional cysts, but not many. My acne could probably be called moderate, but it never goes away. I don't remember a time when my face was completely clear, aside from early childhood. My main problem is red marks/hyperpigmentation. Every breakout I get leaves behind a red or brown mark no matter what, and my face, back, shoulders, and chest are all fucking COVERED with them.

I also have a shit load of other skin issues as well that I don't feel like getting into. Basically, I'm disgusting. It's all made even more painful by the fact that I'm the healthiest and most hygienic person I know, and I've been that way for a while now. You'd never guess that by looking at me though.

I feel like a prisoner, trapped in this disgusting body. I wish I could just tear off all of this stupid skin. That would be awesome.

Edited by King Rat

Refined sugar is gonna make anyone break out really. If you're trying to get rid of acne the diet way the very first thing you should do is stop eating/drinking things with refined sugar.

A couple of pustules on my upper lip when I do get any (which is ALWAYS around my period. Nnnnn), some blackheads around my nose that you cant really see, and a fair amount of scarring on my upper lip from aforementioned pustules that I honestly couldnt care less about, cause they just look like freckles.

i shouldnt even freak out about it, cause theyre not cysts or anything, but I cant help but get depressed cause I just look so disgusting, especially in the first two or three days of the pustules. Hopefully Vitrex will clear that up, but I dunno. Im sick of this cycle of great skin for two weeks, then awful red inflamed skin for another two =/

my face is relatively clear of acne. but the scarring is severe. been told by 2 dermatologists that even with expensive laser resurfacing, it will only help to reduce the severity, however the indents wont ever permanently go away. the scars are permanent.

chest and back i still have moderate to severe acne.. and a good load of scars that are most definitely permanent. keloided scars i believe theyre called (:

still get the occasional active cysts on different parts of my body as well and those are always fun.

depressed, anxiety problems, lack of self-anything.. ive got it all. and somehow im still here (:

If it makes you feel any better, I think that pit scars are actually really cool looking.

Very helpful thanks =)

I think the camera made it look better. I'd never go out in a spaghetti strap even though I love those cus they're comfy for me =(. Be honest, would you date a girl with bacne like that? I'm trying vinegar right now, applying before I go to sleep, and showering with baking soda. I'm not sure about the result yet but I've kept switching in the past from being impatient, so I want to keep to it for at least 2 months now and see lol. Glad its clearing up for you =).

Hmmm my acne is very mild and my body and back acne is pretty much not existent but I have gotten a few on my back here and there in the past. I use this Carley's clear and smooth soap I think it's pretty great. Apparently it's very good for body acne. I like it very much you should try it.

most of the people in this section seem to be teenagers that dont even have acne. they get a couple of zits and think the world is crashing down on them. bunch of weak kids.....id hate to see what would happen when they are in the real world. it honestly pisses me off reading the sob stories here... "omgz i got a pimple on my face i wont be able to go to homecoming dance with him/her. my life is ruined!!111".

you guys are in for a rude awakening when life deals you REAL problems

MY FACE:

acne: I have red bumps sprinkled across my forehead (usually 20 or so)

and pimples on my cheeks near my nose (4-5 on each side)

and pimples on my chin/under sides of lip (3 or so)

and red bumps on the end of my nose (usually about 4)

...I usually break out every other day, but my white heads will stay for weeks \=

marks: I have lots around/on my nose, basically looks like a ton of freckles, only you know they

aren't because they are A LOT bigger and redder.

I have SO many on my forehead, can't even keep track of which are marks and which are

bumps.

My chin is permanently red thanks to all the marks (just took up every amount of space)

A lot of marks on my temples too.

other: I occasionally get blackheads, but I don't really notice them (so I may get them everyday)

My skin tone is completely screwed up

I don't really get acne on my cheeks, but now having said that I probably will :doubt:

Having said all that I would say I have moderate acne. But my skin just looks disgusting regardless.. like inhuman.

ooh well, i try to look on the brightside... when i remember :|