Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ylem

Help with new pitted scars

Yes, even when I thought my scarring couldn't get worse, it got worse. I had another bad cystic breakout that left new pits all around my left and right ears. The cysts took months to heal and oozed out clear pus. Now I have these deep red indents. Is there anyone who knows of a trick to catch scars earleir, or a treatment that works when the scars are fresh. Retin A Micro did nothing for my recent cysts and I have been using it to try to alleviate the redness. Can anyone help with the new indents, or am I still f**ked?? PLEASE somebody help me, I feel like killing myself over this.

And, for the record, nothing has ever worked for lessening the appearance of rolling/saucer scars, which are all over my face.

Edited by ylem

Ylem,

I'm very sorry to hear that. Did you ever try needling and did it consistently? I use diabetic lancets, and it seems to be helping me.

BTW, I hate retin-A, it exasperated my scars.

Edited by smoothmove

Yes, even when I thought my scarring couldn't get worse, it got worse. I had another bad cystic breakout that left new pits all around my left and right ears. The cysts took months to heal and oozed out clear pus. Now I have these deep red indents. Is there anyone who knows of a trick to catch scars earleir, or a treatment that works when the scars are fresh. Retin A Micro did nothing for my recent cysts and I have been using it to try to alleviate the redness. Can anyone help with the new indents, or am I still f**ked?? PLEASE somebody help me, I feel like killing myself over this.

And, for the record, nothing has ever worked for lessening the appearance of rolling/saucer scars, which are all over my face.

ah sorry to hear that too mate. you are definitely not alone there and im in the same situation. not that it makes you feel any better but i think you know full well that no one on here really has an answer to anything. just ranting and raving about treatments that arent really doing anything. i feel my life is over toooo :(

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

hm if u had a cyst for more than a week you might wanna go to derm and get cortisone shot or something. If you get bad acne a lot and its just not that one cyst then maybe accutane, only if you get acne daily/bi-weekly or something