Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel like i should write about this because its simply ridiculous how the marketing is done for people with acne or so "they say". At nights when i cant go to sleep and im flipping through the channels i always find these commercials about acne and how unsightly it is and how you can get clear in 3 days.... anyways its funny how before i got bad acne i used to look at these commericials like a waste of time and only those poor losers need to get this shit... you know with a bad mentality. Well i turned full circle and ended up with acne.... aww how life kicks you in the ass sometimes. Anyways as i start seeing their propaganda and them trying to stick their catchy new "breakthrough" theyve accomplished they start showing people that had acne before and how they cleared up. When i saw the before pictures i thought they accidently showed the after pictures first but it turns out that was the correct order. I swear on my life the beofre picture showed a girl.... come to think of it i think it was katy perry but she had like 4 fucking whiteheads on her cheeks and she starts talking in her retarded missing chromosone barbie voice oh my god before i was so self consciousness of my skin referring to her 4 whiteheads and now im beautiful as shes plastered with 4 pounds of makeup. At this point i feel like shooting down the headquarters of the company promoting their acne product. The only thing that comes to my mind is money. Make these young people feel like their acne is so unsightly EVEN WHEN ITS NOT and then they will spend their money on us just because katy perry said so. All it does is make people that truly suffer with this shit feel worse because they are like bashing the reality that it sucks having acne and portraying it like someone with 3 pimples truly has it bad. LOL i get so irritated with these commericials because the truth is most of them are shit. Same ingredients just diffrent names with a "acne iq" LOL thats the most creative one yet. Anyways my rant stops here but i know i must not be the only one that feels like bashing their tv when they see these commercials. What do u guys think about how they are portraying acne now a days?

I so agree. But this is how they sell shit. If they told the truth like our moisturizer may make your wrinkles look better but maybe not no one would buy the shit. Almost every product I have ever purchased and some have been expensive and none of them ever lived up close to their promise

LOL!! I just wrote about this a while back!!

I completely agree.

I cannot stand the proactiv ad's, I swear they have a new celeb promoting their piece-of-trash formula!!

Murad is another one thats always on.

They both show people that either have broken out really bad on their chin or have like 5 or so whitehead scattered across their face (like you said).. lol do they even know the concept of acne?

I try to avoid all the companies that advertise like crazy.

Err.. proactiv, bare minerals, clean and clear, and murad.

But I used to be like that. Back when I would get maybe three whiteheads a month.. so i guess they are targeting those insecure people. I hate proactiv. Their slogan shouldn't be "Get the clear skin you deserve", it should be: "Get what you deserve"

I feel like chucking something at the TV whenever I see a ProActive commercial...

I hate pretty much everyone who are in acne commercials. Especially the celebrities. I mean I understand some people actually DO get clear from these products but the celebrities are just in it for cash and don't really care if the shit works or not.

Oh Shit BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Just saw new technology for acne treatmetn first of its kind. Its a new foam that penetrates deep into the skin to stop acne where it forms. Patented technology get it while you can :doubt:

Oh Shit BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Just saw new technology for acne treatmetn first of its kind. Its a new foam that penetrates deep into the skin to stop acne where it forms. Patented technology get it while you can :doubt:

I've been reading up on that here on acne.org, and I swear that most of the people posting great things about it started their account soon after the products came out, and every other post they have made has to do with telling others about the product... I doubt that it is any diff.

Not form the states so i don't see any Proactiv/Murad ads

There's shitloads of ads of acne miracle product made from my country(public channels) and shit don't work

I avoid public channels and just watch cable. Hell i just watch sportcenter and some footie.

Why PAM? But Karen is hawter :)

im so pissed Pam from the office is on a proactive commercial. Why pam why??? Dump her ass Jim

OMG!!!!! I know!

When I saw that I was in shock!

LIKE, WHYYYY would she do that :'(

sell out!!...

i still like the office though (:

have you seen the acne commercial with the clean and clear vs. proactiv systems.. makes me laugh everytime. Their like "If you've ever had acne you know how frustrating it can be, blahblabhablahh you're acne will be better in JUST 1 day." And the two that are 'hosting' the show look like they've never had a blemish ever. haha. :|

Nyyuuugh I agree completely. The other day that Murad commercial was on. It basically just showed people vouching for Murad on some boardwalk. for some reason there just happened to be about 15 people with really, really awful acne (red gashes, it almsot seemed like) all in the same place, and they were all 'VERY SKEPTICAL AND READY TO GIVE UP BUT OHO I WILL GIVE MURAD A TRY'.

Then the second part of the commerical was them screaming WOW WOW MY SKIN IS PRETTY BUY MURAD.

Butttt it was different people completely. They didnt even try to hide the fact that theyd switched actors. My mom kept pestering me about buying it because LOOK AT THESE AMAZING RESULTS! Mom, theyre not even the same people D:

And the thing is, I really want to believe the commercials. Whenever I see ProActiv commercials or Clean and Clear ones and theyre advertising this miraculous recovery, I really just want to go out and buy it, but I know that 90 percent of the time it's a lie. And I hate it.

I just, ah. I wish they'd stop playing on other peoples' misery for profit.

Acne.org should make their own acne commerical. A realistic one.

I don't think I would ever do infomercials for my products... They always seem so wrong, you know? I like the idea of selling Mary Kay style. Word of mouth doesn't make me feel uneasy.

and she starts talking in her retarded missing chromosone barbie voice

lmao, yeah this does bother me alot. selling false hope is one of the worst things you can do in my opinion. who is pam?

I dont think those actors even have acne. they probably photoshopped the pimples in for the "before" pics.

I completely agree with this post. It just makes me mad when I see the "before" pictures of the so-called "acne sufferers" on Proactiv commericials... having two whiteheads does not even come close to having the amount of acne we do! I would give anything to only have a few small bumps.

Ugh! I saw that commercial as well. The girl they show at the end has two unrealistically bright red spots on her face. It looks like someone dabbed her with a marker. Her zits weren't even real! Pissed me off.

I actually even used to believe those. When I first got acne, I begged my mom for ProActive. That stuff is NOT cheap either. Especially since they ship you stuff every few months. I am barely done with my old bottle and they send me another one. My face burned like hell! Its such a cheap trick because when I decided to quit, I still had to use the rest of it because it was pricey.

When I didn't get the results in the commercial, I felt like a freak. It worked for all of the those people, but it wouldn't work for me. It was frustrating and I felt hopeless. God, I was so stupid and naive back then. I just really wanted to believe in their products.

Now, they really piss me off. Its not fair people should be tricked by their photoshoped after pictures. They always pretend they can relate and that a few pimples now and there is a huge deal. I would kill to have skin like some of the people they use for their before pictures.

They use Delta Goodrem (has-been pop star/soapie actress...sorry to any fans :razz: ) to push Proactiv in Australia. It was bad enough hearing her music in high school, but seeing her mug on those commercials fills me with quiet rage.