Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Yoshi

I can't take it anymore.

I have spend the last two years experimenting with various topicals, masks, diets, and the like and nothing is working. Overall, I can't say my acne has significantly improved since I first started treating it. My acne problem has gone beyond frustrating and I can say at this point I can't think of anything else to try, so I'm coming here for help. I'm open to recommendations, although I've already tried so many different things. Here a mighty list of everthing that I've experimented with that I can remember.

- Salycic Acid

- Benzoyl Peroxide

- Various OTC "Face Washes"

- Switching from soap to a cleansing bar

- Apple Cider Vinegar

- Extra Virgin Olive Oil

- Urine Therapy

- Lemon Juice, both topically and orally

- Gluten Free Diet

- Daily Free Diet

- Various other diet changes, which include going 100% organic, fasting, avoiding all "snacks", etc.

- Stopped touching my face (except to clean it, of course)

- Jojoba Oil

- Egg white and egg yolk masks

- Steaming my face once a week

- Aloe Vera Gel

And that's probably only half of what I've tried, I'm kind of sleepy right now so I can't think of anything else.

I have been maintaining a very healthy lifestyle by eating healthy, exercising almost every day, sleeping 9 hours a night on average, good hygiene, etc.

So, I've come to the conclusion that my acne is impossible to cure. Well...almost. Despite my frustration with all these uneffective treatments, I won't give up yet. Go ahead and give me any suggestions that come to mind, all advice is welcome.

Um...that's because 90% of what you tried was junk. The benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid was good though. Try Dan's regimen, or go to a derm and go on anitibiotics or something.

sorry to hear that stuff didnt work. your acne is persitant. try dans regime or go to a derm/gp and get some anti biotics, this will help you

I agree with the suggestions above -- really try Dan's regimen, sticking to it closely for 3 months, and also go to a derm.

Um...that's because 90% of what you tried was junk. The benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid was good though. Try Dan's regimen, or go to a derm and go on anitibiotics or something.

Oh lord :doh: I cant even be bothered anymore.