Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any long term benzaclin (clindamycin + benzoyl peroxide) users out there? I was looking at the reviews and it looks extremely effective. I was wondering if you can gain a resistance to it though. Does anybody know? I know you can gain a resistance to clindamycin --but i was wondering if by using it with BP the bacteria wouldnt be able to for some reason. Any1 have experience, opinions, or knowledge on this?

Max

Edited by Maximus0

You can get resistance to clindamycin (antibiotic) but I think that is not the case for BP. They operate in different ways. When you are clear, sometimes you have to operate with different gunnery, like Tea Tree Oil, so bacteria simply is unable to counteract and is unable to reply. If you use some antibiotic for too long, you can surely get resistance. ;)

If you are using an M-15, you also have to use the AK-47, if you know what I mean.

I've never been on this so keep that in mind.

But one of my friend's from school applied that Benzaclin stuff once every night and she's been doing that for oh probably about a year now - her skin still looks great! Then again, she doesn't really have all that many problems with her skin - just the odd pimple or two every few days.

Used it for a spot treatment for about a year, then incorporated into using it as all over topical everynight on chin area. Did that for a about 2 months and it just made my skin more irritated even w/moisturizer and did not prevent breakouts at all. Stayed the same.

I used it for many years. Maybe like 5 years or so. Worked great until I started developing one or two large cysts at a time that would last a few weeks and then once they went away I would get another one. So yes you can develop a resistance to it. My skin was nearly flawless for 5 years though....