Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothmove

Restored nerve endings?

To anyone who's been needling, I don't know if any of you guys have noticed, but if you have deeper scarring and you needle it, you barely feel it because of the scar tissue. But since I've been needling regularly, certain scars hurt way more than they did the first time or first couple of sessions. I'm wondering if this is due to the nerve endings being restored, as scars are being broken up? There also tends to be less popping sounds the further you progress into your needling treatments.

Any similar experiences to share?

Edited by smoothmove

To anyone who's been needling, I don't know if any of you guys have noticed, but if you have deeper scarring and you needle it, you barely feel it because of the scar tissue. But since I've been needling regularly, certain scars hurt way more than they did the first time or first couple of sessions. I'm wondering if this is due to the nerve endings being restored, as scars are being broken up? There also tends to be less popping sounds the further you progress into your needling treatments.

Any similar experiences to share?

id say its either because you are needling too deeply, or yeah you are getting normal tissue growing again.

the funny thing about the areas i needled many months back, is i started getting blackheads in them again, lol. oh my horrible skin.

anyhoo scar tissue has no oil glands but normal skin does, so im taking its a sign normal skin was trying to come back.

take it as a sign that what you're doing is working :)

Yes, it's interesting. I think I've also noticed some fine hairs growing too.

I forgot, are you still needling?

yeah same about the hairs ! no im not needling anymore, mainly because i didnt like the results very much. im on accutane atm, so i wont be able to do anything for 11 months (finish course, plus waiting period at the end). when i do, ill be looking into tca cross. it looks more succssful.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Yeah, I experienced exactly that. At first when needling scars it didn't hurt at all and I heard a lot of the popping sound. After a couple of treatments you start feeling it more and hear less popping sound.

@cartwheeling_monkey, it's not because of needling more deeply, needling depth is always the same since the needles only stick a certain length past the roller/stamp and can't pierce deeper than that.

Yeah, I experienced exactly that. At first when needling scars it didn't hurt at all and I heard a lot of the popping sound. After a couple of treatments you start feeling it more and hear less popping sound.

@cartwheeling_monkey, it's not because of needling more deeply, needling depth is always the same since the needles only stick a certain length past the roller/stamp and can't pierce deeper than that.

oh silly me, i thought you were needling each individual scar with a medical needle. i dont know why i thought that. you cant really go wrong with a roller/stamp. less popping is definitely promising. by the sounds of it your scars are improving :)

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey