Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my derm told me he was going to start me on 20mg and I assumed he meant a day, but when I got my prescription filled today I realized the pills are 20mg each and I take two a day. I was really glad when I thought it was only going to be 20mg a day because I only weigh 115 pounds and I really wanted to work my way up slowly to hopefully avoid a bad breakout that I feel is inevitable. Is it normal to start off on 40mg a day at such a low bodyweight?

Yeah, I was 110 lbs and started at 80 mg/day. but I went down to 60mg just cause I was nervous...the derm said I could do either though

It's fine...40mg/110lbs is about .36mg/lb. I'm on 60mg and I weigh 165 lbs which is also about .36mg/lb so you're on the same dose per lb than me and I've had good results and didn't get a severe IB.

Edited by Micknight

I am supposed to start tomorrow if everything got into the computer correctly... at my visit a month ago my derm said he'd start me on 40 mg a day and I weigh 110 lbs... I said my only fear was getting the red face and he said I could start on 20mg a day if I was really worried about it. I don't know what to do!! Its like I get to choose if I want 20 or 40, and I don't know! I mean I don't want red face but I am so ready to get going with this....