Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay326

Raw Food Diet!

Is anyone here following a raw food diet or has anyone in the past? I've been researching it alot lately and it seems great. I would imagine going on a raw food diet would be the best way to figure out if diet affects your acne or not, since you're only putting good things into your body (unless you're allergic/have a sensitivity to a certain fruit or something).

Anyways, I'm starting tomorrow. I've tried tons of diets but I always fail...food is so tempting and I never had the willpower to stick to a diet. So today I told my mom to go to the store, load up on fruits and vegetables and NOTHING else. I think it's best this way so there isn't much temptation in the house. If I'm hungry, I'm basically forced to eat a fruit or a vegetable (also nuts and seeds).

So yeah I'm really excited! I think this is going to work out great (although I have this same attitude with everything I try against acne). If I start noticing great results I'll post here. If anyone else wants to share their raw food diet story, feel free =)

Did you know that on a raw diet, you can make incredible dishes of raw pasta, raw lasagna and raw ravioli instead of eating apples, bananas and raw spinach?

Here is a beginner's recipe to raw cuisine. The recipe below is for Basil Pesto & Spaghetti

Basil Pesto Ingredients:

* 1 cup pine nuts

* 1 cup extra virgin olive oil

* 2 - 6 cloves peeled chopped garlic (depending on how much you like garlic)

* 2 cups basil leaves, chopped and packed

* 1 cup parsley leaves, packed

* 1 tsp fresh ground pepper

* 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt

* 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed

Directions: Place ingredients in blender and blend until creamy. The spaghetti is raw zucchini put through a spiral slicer and it forms noodles. Pour pesto over noodles and serve.

Spiral Slicer for $30: http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-Tri-Bl...3785&sr=8-2

I suggest purchasing this spiral slicer from Amazon for $30. I own it and love it. I make this dish in 10 minutes.

Edited by Dotty1

Why yes I did know that, Dotty :D I'm a really picky eater but I'm trying to change that, maybe I'll try some of these recipes I've been reading about.

Trust me. That'll help. I'm not 100% clean now because I have been eating pizza, ice cream and stuff... hah. I promised to myself I would stop. And I will now. haha... anyways...

I do not eat meat (except for fish, that is amazing for your skin). I highly suggest you to eat vegetables, lots of carrots, apples, etc.

Eating healthy is very important. Trust me.

Water also helps a lot. You'll pee like an elephant, but that's the point.

I love healthy food *O*

When I don't eat crap, my face gets clean. It's almost magic. I only have scars, but no acne at all.

Good luck with your diet. But DON'T just see it as a diet; make it your new way of living. Be natural :D

I'm somewhat of a health nut myself

Hey thanx a lot Dotty for those delicious recipes! gonna try one out tonight

Yummy :boogie:

I'll be back to comment later, gotta go out now .not that I wanna

Being forced 'for your own good' sucks b*llz

Lol but, *sigh* I suppose fresh air can't hurt! :nag: <<<Perfect impression of my Mother

xD

Jay you look great! maybe it was taken a few months or so ago, but I say that what ever you're doing it's clearly working for you!

Keep at it and I fully intend on taking some of this advice I've seen to heart.

For Sure

:hifive:

Edited by Durbaniter~Zitigated

This picture is like a year old...back when I had clear skin =(

I was hoping no one would bump this haha because now I feel like a total failure. I couldn't stick to the diet, not this time. It's toooooo freakin hard to eat healthy, it really is.

Im exactly the same haha!! Ive tried to do this sort of diet loads and every single day i end up saying ill start tomorrow and it never seems to happen.

That sucks, man. :( Don't be too hard on yourself, it's not an easy thing to do. Maybe you could try something like 70-80% raw? I'm sure that'd still have a lot of good effects on your skin and health. How long were you on it? Did you notice any changes in your skin or how you feel at all?

I know Paul, tell me about it! It's ridiculous how many diets I've tried and can never stick to them, I just don't have the willpower. Every time I'm like THIS TIME IT'S FOR REAL! It's never for real..:(

King, I wasn't even on a day LOL. That's why I'm such a fail. I decided to try a new topical regimen and put off the diet for now. I would really love to try again someday.

Edited by Jay326

So you fail for ONE day and that's it? You give up? Be a warrior, man! Being weak doesn't get you anywhere. So what if you fail for 7 days straight? Keep trying. Who cares if it takes you 2 years as long as you get there.

This song pushed me to keep running until I could go a full 2 miles without killing over:

I took the easy way

Turned my back and walked away

Didn't have the courage or the will

Sometimes it's hard to say

Question what I did that day

Now I know I'll hide away no more.

Never again will I hide myself in shadows

Never again will I look the other way

Never again will I take the easy option

Never again, I won't wait another day.

-Power Quest, Never Again

It sounds so corny without the music, but it's a good motivator. Find your motivation. Don't give up. It's not just about your skin. Think of all the arteries your clogging, all of the stress your putting on your liver and pancreas when you eat that tons of sugar. Think of death at an earlier age than it has to be.

You're not a failure until you give up. I can't count how many times in my life I had to just keep pressing on until I got it right. It took me 2 months of telling myself "I'll do it tomorrow" to get my ass into a workout regimen. It took me nearly 3 years just to lose 20 lbs at one point when I was a bit heavier and unhealthier.

The key isn't how long it takes you to get it right - it's getting there that matters.

Long story short - suck it up and keep trying. You'll get nowhere in life with such a defeatist attitude.

I know Paul, tell me about it! It's ridiculous how many diets I've tried and can never stick to them, I just don't have the willpower. Every time I'm like THIS TIME IT'S FOR REAL! It's never for real..:(

King, I wasn't even on a day LOL. That's why I'm such a fail. I decided to try a new topical regimen and put off the diet for now. I would really love to try again someday.

I believe in you jay :cool:

But in the future, never start a thread about how your going to start a diet... :)

Only post when you been on it for several monthts (not weeks like alot of people on here lol) so that way it becomes a habit in your life :ninja:

Edited by dancedd

Is anyone here following a raw food diet or has anyone in the past? I've been researching it alot lately and it seems great. I would imagine going on a raw food diet would be the best way to figure out if diet affects your acne or not, since you're only putting good things into your body (unless you're allergic/have a sensitivity to a certain fruit or something).

Anyways, I'm starting tomorrow. I've tried tons of diets but I always fail...food is so tempting and I never had the willpower to stick to a diet. So today I told my mom to go to the store, load up on fruits and vegetables and NOTHING else. I think it's best this way so there isn't much temptation in the house. If I'm hungry, I'm basically forced to eat a fruit or a vegetable (also nuts and seeds).

So yeah I'm really excited! I think this is going to work out great (although I have this same attitude with everything I try against acne). If I start noticing great results I'll post here. If anyone else wants to share their raw food diet story, feel free =)

I went on a diet of lots of friuts and veggies but didn't cut out meat or anything. And it did make me feel better and my skin look better.

Yeah Maria...I'll try again sometime...just not now.

Dance, I know, that's what I told myself. But I thought making a thread would really motivate me more to stay on track, I guess not eh.

Vision, good to know :D

I think i've found the main cause for acne in this thread... WEAKNESS!

Yup so True that!

Jay, sorry, I guess I misjudged that one. but it shows just how Great you look, or can when your acne clears up!

I do hope it does, I hate seeing others down in he dumps!

I have always felt for people. and Said that If my skin ever cleared I would make it my mission in life to help others, knowing what it was like to go through.

I stand by that now, I am not 100% clear, but when I see someone in need, I go over and I dunno why but on impulse I just hug them and tell them it will all be alright someday! don't lose hope. and then offer my help where I can.

I know that our skins are all different, so it depends really if what works for some can indeed work the same way for others.

That is what sucks really, that we all differ so much when it comes down to skintone, texture etc

Hm, anyways

I will be keeping you in mind,

Tc bud

Jaydon

Yeah Maria...I'll try again sometime...just not now.

Dance, I know, that's what I told myself. But I thought making a thread would really motivate me more to stay on track, I guess not eh.

Vision, good to know :D

I hate to read things like that. "i'll try again later" kinda stuff. I mean, in the meantime, you can still eat the way you wish you did SOME of the time. If a raw diet is your goal, then when you have free time look up raw food ideas for fun. Don't make it something you have to do, but something you do when you want to, and you'll feel extra good about yourself when you do eat something like that. You aren't going to be able to do a 100% raw diet until you have discovered loads of raw food ideas and meals that you personally really like. You have to build your own foodie repertoire. And once you find your personal favorite raw foods, then you may start to crave them... So please enjoy yourself in the meantime, and don't feel bad about not succeeding immediately. Permanent lifestyle changes tend to happen over time..weeks, months.. (not overnight!).

Dude, I'm so sorry :wall:

But if you really want to help yourself, you have to be strong.

Everytime you feel like eating something that's "forbidden", remember how much you hate acne. Remember how much you hate to see your reflection sometimes.

Remember how your clear skin looks like (;

You can do it.

Yeah I agree with you guys. I probably set myself up for failure by wanting to go completely raw. I'm just like an all or nothing kind of guy though. So perhaps I'll just start eating a bit raw here and there and work my way up :)

. So perhaps I'll just start eating a bit raw here and there and work my way up :)

Thats the attitude! You know a good way to get motivated/get ideas is to look up a raw foods restaurant, go there with a few other people and all get something different. You can try out the foods, write down any info you'd need to recreate things you like, and make new food at home! I have a raw foods place downtown in my city and they are DELICIOUS but pricey. I haven't gotten anything there more than once, I just use them for ideas haha :)

Ive been on a low fat, not 100% raw diet but not far away, for 3 days and its been hell!! Im sooo hungry, i really dont like the thought of eating loads and loads of fruit. Im not to far away from quitting, i understand exactly how you feel and its so hard to get a good diet going. I think ive started this diet so many times and never lasted a week, i really do wonder why i bother starting them in the first place!! haha.

I tried this for quite a while. I went to the even more extreme and ate raw meats for a good 3 months but then had to stop because I joined the military. But really it didn't do anything for my acne. But it might for you, it can be healthier but don't try the meat thing, haha. Good luck bro

The raw diet IS really hard.

If I were you, I would just try cutting certain things out one at a time...the first 2 that HAVE to go are dairy and sugar (unless you know for a fact that dairy doesn't break you out).

Also, just eat healthy - eat a lot of healthy carbs (whole grains), fruit and vegetables. And drink a lot of water. I don't know how severe your acne is, but doing all this may help a lot.

Anyways, if you really want to do the raw diet eventually, I think it's best to transition from vegetarian to vegan to raw.