Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really liked the positivity thread, that chered me up a little, but overall, I just feel really down about my face the last few days. My skin was looking a little bit better after I had a series of peels, but then I had microderm and was told it would do a better job, but my skin is way worse. :cry: I'm not 100% sure it was the microderm, it could have been stress, sun, makeup...but whatever, I feel awful now. I know it's not as bad as I think it is, but I've been having acne for a year and the all the things the dermatologist tries don't work. I'm depressed and worried this is going to be my face forever, and this isn't how I see myself. I used to be really outgoing and fun, now I stay inside all the time and have panic attacks when I see a camera. I never wear makeup because I don't want to make it worse. (except last weekend.) This has changed me, and I don't like the person it's making me. I don't want to be insecure and miss out on stuff. I don't want to set up a date and pray for weeks to look good, I just want to get up and go. I don't want this to be my life. I really hope something will work soon, days like these just suck and I have no energy and feel real sad. All I want to do is go to bed and hope it will be a little better when I wake up. :pray: It's good to be able to talk to people who understand though instead of my friends with perfect skin.

hey there.

i know exactly how you feel all to well. my entire life has become being obsessed with my skin more or less. its actually quite depressing. and i dont even have severe or even moderate acne at that. its mild. with 4-5 active pimples at a time, never the less i spend hours in front of the mirror picking myself apart and sometimes my face which results in scabs and uneven skin tone which i hate myself for. i am SO SO envious of my friends and those girls with flawless even skin, i long for the day when i no longer have to worry about pimples or a disgusting skin tone. my entire day depends on the condition of my skin, if im having a good skin day i feel confident and go to work and go out socializing, however if im having a bad skin day i will sometimes call in sick to work and lock myself in my room on acne.org. how depressing is that huh? its good to know there are other people out there who can relate. makes me feel less along. =)

Hi.

You're on acne.org. You're not alone. I know how that feels. I started getting acne when I was 12. Turned 18 just a few weeks ago so I've had it for a while. It's affected me a lot but despite all the negativity that comes with it, there is a good side to it too. I think it's important to fight acne psychologically as well as physically. Lets not let it take over our lives and stop us from doing what we want. Its gonna be difficult, nobody said it was gonna be easy... but we can do it.

From what you wrote, I think I know why your acne got worse. Microderm + sun = terrible combination. Microderm makes your skin a lot more sensative already, and the sun makes it even more vulnerable. Stay out of the sun for at least 2 weeks after you get microderm, or use REALLY good sun screen, like SP 30+. My skin turned red after my first microderm cus I was out on the beach a lot after having it. Don't make the same mistake =(!

Panic attacks when you see the camera? Omg, I can definitely relate! I hate getting my picture taken.... I avoid it as much as I can, like it's a disease. I really want to look decent in front of cameras cus I love pictures for memories, and I love photography... but I have next to zero confidence. Sometimes I would be ok with it, but that rarely happens....

I'm a little depressed today, not just because of my face, but because I have not heard from my man in 3 days. Whenever I get sad, I think of him and I feel better, but since I haven't heard from him in a while, I'm sad and worried. I feel like I've done something wrong, but I don't know what. We have a long distance relationship, so, it's not like I can go over to his house. I just saw him last week, and everything was fine, he even called me 2 hours after I left to tell me that he missed me. But on Tuesday he seemed really distant over the phone and when I started talking about how I missed him and wasn't used to being back home without him near me yet, he suddenly had to and have some "alone time." I asked him if he wanted me to leave him alone for a while and he said no and texted me later to tell me not to be sad and he loved me. The last 2 days, I have only seen him online and all he will say is that he's moody or has a headache. He hasn't said he loves me since Tuesday, and he didn't text me goodnight yesterday. We usually talk everyday and say goodnight every evening, so it is strange to me to not hear from him hardly at all for 3 days. I'm just worried, I know I shouldn't blame myself or feel like he's avoiding me, but I kind of do. The only thing I can think is that he's depressed about something and doesn't like to talk to people when he's like that, or I pissed him off somehow. If he is depressed, I wish he would tell me so I could ty to help. I love him very much and just want to make him happy. I also want to tell him about my decision to try to go on accutane, because it's a big decision for me and I want to share it with him and get his support. I had a dream last night that I read on facebook he was in the hospital, but had no other info and I woke up at 5 am in a panic. I really hope he's ok.

Ofcourse hes ok.