Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jumpman23

help with red areas. need info

i've had this problem area for some time now and can't figure out the cause of it. It's a persistent redness below my nose in the mustache area. I don't know if its from shaving or acne or what. My acne is mild however i feel that these areas that are red really make my face look so much worse. I have yet to see someone with a similar problem as me and i'm really looking for some info/ advice/ input anything.

post-128876-1274300791_thumb.jpg

post-128876-1274300791_thumb.jpg

Edited by jumpman23

your skin looks amazing i dont see any redness?

if you take a look at this other pic from a farther distance you'll see what i mean. It's actually really noticeable

Edited by jumpman23

I don't really notice anything either.

Does it itch or tingle or burn at all?

no it doesnt tingle or burn or anything and it feels smooth but i just notice it being red. You dont notice it below the bottom of my nose in the mustache area?

How often do you shaving? Is it in morning it looks same like in evening?

yeah it looks the same at all times of the day. i usually shave once every three or four days but recently i went longer to see if it would get any better yet still nothing

i can barely see anything, and i wouldn't say its anything like rosacea. i would guess its just irritation, and i advise changing your shaving pattern, and maybe using a different razor or cream.

omg yeah i get the exact same thing as you in the same place. i was starting to think i was the only one. are you on the regimen cause i think mine got worse once i started using the regimen?

omg yeah i get the exact same thing as you in the same place. i was starting to think i was the only one. are you on the regimen cause i think mine got worse once i started using the regimen?

wow finally i hear from someone that knows what i mean. i am actually not on the regimen but i do currently take accutane. i've had this even before i started my accutane and i cant remember when the last time this area was completely clear of this slight redness. ive been trying to figure out what causes it for some time now. for some reason im thinking shaving technique because i have really sensitive skin but i cant be certain. im hoping that when i finish my accutane treatment time it will help eliminate this problem. like my acne isnt bad at all but i feel this area makes it appear so much worse

i agree it looks like its irritation from shaving. i would make sure you're using the best gel and razor for your sensitive skin. and a soothing moisturizer for after you shave.

my skin is so sensitive normal creams and gels i use on my legs give me bumps and breakouts. and also give me stripes of redness that last all day.

i agree it looks like its irritation from shaving. i would make sure you're using the best gel and razor for your sensitive skin. and a soothing moisturizer for after you shave.

my skin is so sensitive normal creams and gels i use on my legs give me bumps and breakouts. and also give me stripes of redness that last all day.

Ok

Yeah I understand you there. The weird thing with this whole thing is I use one of the best razors for sensitive skin and also a sensitive skin shave gel by aveeno so I don't know what else I can do if in fact this problem is from shaving

Ok

Yeah I understand you there. The weird thing with this whole thing is I use one of the best razors for sensitive skin and also a sensitive skin shave gel by aveeno so I don't know what else I can do if in fact this problem is from shaving

also i noticed the other day i spent a lot of time outside and now it seems like the redness got a little more noticeable. I'm not sure if that means anything or could help with what i should use to get rid of this

redness always gets more red when you spend time in the sun, that doesn't really mean too much.

i would maybe suggest buying an electric razor. that did wonders for me in terms of irritation.

redness always gets more red when you spend time in the sun, that doesn't really mean too much.

i would maybe suggest buying an electric razor. that did wonders for me in terms of irritation.

yeah i think i'll start shaving that area with an electric razor. another thing i'm thinking of trying is emu oil. i ordered some and looked up info on it and i found it does wonders with acne marks and red marks so i thought i'd give that a try