Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
!!sunshine!!!!

accutane 2nd time around!

well, i started to get spots when i was 10!!! IM NOW 24, TRIED EVERYTHING, DIDNT WORK! TRIED ACCUTANE WHEN I WAS 17, WORKED FOR A WHILE. I DECIDED TO TRY IT AGAIN AS IM DESPERATE NOW!!

Started monday 17th may on 30mg. havnt noticed anything yet! last time i could tell my skin felt different the next day!! maybe this dose is lower, i cant remember!

i want ot put pics on but dont know how to (not computer minded)

im drinking as much water as i can to maybe help with the dry skin that i know will come. and stocked up on lip balm! im washing with things like oilatum and other exma products. any other suggestions? xx

I use Aquaphor on my lips at night and it has helped a ton. I still have to use chapstick during the day when they feel dry but mine haven't cracked or anything more severe. Eye drops for dry eyes, and saline spray for dry nose...just 2 other things that are helping me. At night I use Vanicream for extra dry areas. Great stuff. Good luck!

thanx guys! well im on my 6th day and my skin is shedding like a snake or something! does anyone bother to try and wear makeup?i just dont usually go anywear with out it on, but with the peeling skin i look even worse with foundation sticking to the dry areas!! x

hey! day 7.

im on 30mg a day, and i was peeling after about three days! my lips are just feeling a little tight when i wake up! i use dermalogica ultra calming cleanser when i wear make up but if im not wearing any i just use water and a flannel! i have got some little loafer pads to exfoliate with (although derm did tell me not to exfoliate) i then use dermalogica soothing protection spray (like a toner) then use dermalogica barrier repair. i use aveeno for any dry patches.i only really notice the dryness when i have make up on. i constanly apply carmex lip balm, or just plain ol' vasaline!for my body im using aveeno/palmas cocobutter. (im finding little dry patches on my legs and arms) inside my nose isnt dry yet but will get some nasal spray i thnk, along with eyedrops as im wearing contacts.

i have noticed my headaches are more often which is annoying.oh, and my face is more red than normal. no major breakkouts...yet!

hey everyone. i know i only updated yesterday, but i was just wondering if anyone else got majorly bad headaches, and feel tierd all the time, i mean really tierd! i may be over analizing everything but its just odd that this week i have been feeling rough! xx

I'd say hold off on the mega water drinking. On this forum I am always seeing people type and type about how much water they drink on Accutane, fine! That is great just don't forget we as HUMAN beings don't have high doses of Vitamin a in our systems and it is only when we supplement with Accutane we acquire such large doses. Vitamin A is soluble... means we constantly have to keep putting it back in our bodies because we pee it out long story short!

Yes it absorbs in our fat.. but it is only logical to conclude if one is drinking such large amounts of water before a really fatty meal you could be getting rid of some of your dose before you even get the desirable effect!

EVEN WORSE.. what if you aren't even eating high fat meals? LOL? Exactly.. stay smart acne.org!

Edited by Tanemayne

ok! thanx tanemayne!

well im on day 12, my face is sore, a litle red and very dry, especially around my mouth and nose. my cheeks are also dry around the spots, making it even harder to cover them! my scalp is itchy too. the tops of my arms are also getting more and more dry, despite the moisturising! got new spots coming up near my nose and on cheeks, very sore spots. my back seems alot clearer though, and my chest seems to have calmed down, still got some red pimples though. x

well, i started to get spots when i was 10!!! IM NOW 24, TRIED EVERYTHING, DIDNT WORK! TRIED ACCUTANE WHEN I WAS 17, WORKED FOR A WHILE. I DECIDED TO TRY IT AGAIN AS IM DESPERATE NOW!!

Started monday 17th may on 30mg. havnt noticed anything yet! last time i could tell my skin felt different the next day!! maybe this dose is lower, i cant remember!

i want ot put pics on but dont know how to (not computer minded)

im drinking as much water as i can to maybe help with the dry skin that i know will come. and stocked up on lip balm! im washing with things like oilatum and other exma products. any other suggestions? xx

I get my face cleaned, by a very skilled cosmetologist. Its very important to get your face cleaned by professionals, that way your old acne wont spread. accutane sure does help, but if you don't get your face cleaned, than it will take much longer for acne to go away. Also all the acne that may be under your skin for such long time, can do some permanent damages. I recommend you lightly get your face cleaned, and of course keep using accutane.

Oh and its my 2nd week with accutane, I usually don't get acne anymore because my cosmetologist cleans my face very good. I just want to get rid of acne forever so I'm also using accutane.

hey! I started the exact same day as you, so i will definitely be keeping up with the posting.! goodluck with everything! :D

hi calabi! thats so cool! id been looking for someone who started roughly the same day to compare!nice one!

well DAY 15 is not going well. my face is so sore. i have woke up with white heads on my cheeks, and i have a red lump spot next to my nose and one below my eye, i look terrible.

i looked in the mirror at work yesterday and nearly died! my skin was so dry and looked disgusting.

im really down today, luckily im off work so will not wear any make up to let my skin breathe and hopefully heal. any suggestions about what to do with big red spots?

my arms are still dry, and my nose bleeds a little when i blow it. lips need constant lip balm (carmex) but dont look cracked or anything. how are u calabi? x

I am the exact same way on my days off. I just don't wear makeup so I can give my skin a breather and it feels so good to not have to cake on makeup and go out. I still have yet to find a good makeup to wear on Accutane that does not make my skin look oily, or flaky.

Is your whole face dry, or do you find it comes in splotches? lol Parts of my face tend to be dry while others are not.

As for red marks, try Vitamin E. Either in a moisturizer or straight from the capsule. I find it works quite a bit to bring down some redness. A lot of people on these boards also say emu oil works very well. I have yet to try it as I am still waiting for mine to arrive.

Hope all goes well! We are in Week 3 Now!! :D

hey calabi!

yeah my dry patches are around my chin and nose!

i will deffinatly try the vit e for red marks and let u know.

i put a post on here regarding what make up to wear whilst on accutane because of the dryness, every one suggested mineral make up, but not the highstreet stuff(mayabline etc) so am going to have a look in a bit on the net and order some.

ive made my skin sooo bad today, keep picking and poking! now look worse!!aggh, so annoying, i thought id got away with the initial break out!

week 3 whoop! im on 40mg what are u on? i weigh 8st. i dnt know if my dose will up, im at the derm on the 14th!

Hey, thanks for posting in my log. :) Truly appreciate the support. And no I don't wear make-up when I go out. In some bizarre way I want people to see the real me, so that when I get totally clear, I can be like, "Yep. I look this good naturally." LOL. Maybe not totally natural--but Accutane can be my little secret. ;)

We sound SO similar in the spots where we're drying out--stupid chin area! Gah! Just gotta hold on 'cause it'll get better. Those first 3 weeks were the absolute worst. Seems like there's no avoiding the IB.

...oh. I'm a picker and poker, too. Hard habit to break, ha ha! Getting better at leaving my face alone, though.

DAY 22!

well this time last week i was really breaking out and it was soooo sore. treated with ice, ibruphen and germoline things started to calm down. plucked up the courage to go in to town and buy some mineral make up which everyone tells me is great! went back to work the next day (with mineral make up on!), and thought i looked ok, considering how bad things looked the previous day...however it wasnt until on the way home i happened to look in the car mirror in broad day light that i could see what a state i looked! i looked like something out of a horror!! my whole face looked as if it had cracked, the mineral make up adding to the effect of the crack lines!!!! and where each spot was there was now a chunk of dead skin!!!

got home and, against derms advice cleansed and exfoliated!! coated face in aveeno, woke up next day to the best skin ive had in ages! dont get me wrong there were still marks and some spots on my face but everything looked calmer and smoother! which ment that the mineral make up went on perfectly that morning!! (less is definatly more by the way if you buy some)

so just got in tonight and have taken make up off and exfoliated and moisturised. im off again tmro so will haVE A make up free day!

lips are not dry due to carmex and have kept body tip top with aveeno!

its great not having to wash my hair every day aswell as my scalp is dry no grease!!!

This post just made me kind of depressed. I have to work everyday, and so I have to wear make up. :(

I work at a bank, and I don't want my customer's to look at me with fear. Oh jeeze.

I'm going to need some serious moisturizer as soon as this medicine kicks in.

Hey! Can not believe it is day 22 already!

Glad to hear the mineral makeup is working for you. What kind did you get

Hope week 4 is good to you!

breanana, dont be depressed! it will be fine! use loads of aveeno moisturiser! derm recommended! and although they say not to exfoliate, i would if your skin gets really really dry, just be gentle! good luck.

Calabi! hipe u getting on ok! its called mineral make up, u can get it off of the internet, i got the one called foundation, there is lots of other ones aswell!

got derm appt soon, wonder if he will up my dose!?

hows u?

I know that my derm also recommended that I didn't exfoliate my face but I still did maybe once a week or so. I tried to use either chemical exfoliaters or something extremely gentle like Dermalogica's Mircofoliant. Or I would simply use my fingers to rub away the dead skin so it was smoother.

I also really recommend CeraVe moisturizing lotion if any parts of your body are super dry or if you have eczema spots. It's really awesome.

;)

thanx mercyunbound!

yeah definatly stall have to exfoliate, i do like the dermalogica one, but at moment using st ives.

im finding that my skin is itchy alot of the time, all over my body.it feels a bit like when sun burn is healing!

im still getting new spots on my cheeks and jaw line, and some sore little suckers on my neck, but they are a different kind of spot to what i used to get,smaller and they look like mozi bites! still a few white heads in the morning, but only small ones. my spots seem to heal a bit quicker too. my chest is still breaking out too, although is alot smoother all over. and my back seems to have lost all the red marks it used to have, i still get some spots but no where near as many! back to work tomorrow. out comes the mineral make up.!

xxx

I like the sounds of mineral makeup. It seems like it is a lot friendlier to your skin. Do you find it gives you good coverage? That is the only thing I worry about. I am looking into Bare Minerals.

When is your derm appointment? I am wondering if my doctor will up my dose as well. I have a feeling he will. I can not believe month one is almost done.

Sounds like things are going well so far! Keep me updated!

hi! yeah the make up gives relly good coverage! and i find that i dont even use very much, i hardly dab the brush in the powder!

i think the derm will up my dose, well i hope he does. im not flaky any more which im pleased about but i cant help thinking that maybe that also means the accutane isnt working as much now??

what dose are you on?

ive had a few nose leeds, nothing major though. i need to keep up with the lip balm too, otherwise its crack city! x

That is awesome. I should definitely look into mineral makeup then!

I am currently on 40 mg. I am thinking I will probably be put up to 60 mg though.

By the way, I love your signature. Alanis is amazing. I still have my "Jagged Little Pill" Cd that I listen to all the time. :D

DAY 39!

accutane is a funny old thing! one day ill think: "yip yip this is soooo working!" another day ill break out on one side and it will be sooo sore, howver thay do seem to heal alot quicker!

i stupidly got sun burned at the weekend, and it was soooo sore, and now im sheding like a snake on my arms!!

my skin in general is itchy alot of the time, but sticking with the aveeno! derm said i have a little exma, but not too concerned!

the only real problem is im getting a nose bleed at least 4 times a week, i woke up in the middle of the night last night, it was pretty heavy! always my right nostril...strange.

although i havnt got that may active spots i think my skin is very scarred, it red and purple, making it look like i still have spots! im thinking about using bio oil, not sure if it will be a bit greasy for my face though?

i want to get micro dermabration also when im finished with the accutane.

any advice would be appreciated!!!