Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessasaurusrex

why is my skin so dull?

my acne really isn't that bad but my skin is incrediblely dull and gross. my forehead is scaly and gross. my diet is incredibley heathly. my skin always seems to ake forever to heal. why is my skin like this? and if no one on here can tell me would a dermatologist be able to?

The healing can be accelerated. Perhaps by killing bacteria and using Vitamin A on the spot + Zinc (products like hypoglos or avene cicalfate). Also, using essentials oils on the wound, like te tree oil or geranium (those kill bacteria) . Research why is so difficult for you to heal.

Also your diet is important here, meaning to have all the nutrients and vitamins.

sometimes you have nothing to blame but genetics. same goes for acne in general! we're all different. after accepting that, you can try different products like moisturizer, jojoba oil, and/or exfoliation. LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!

My skin is pretty dull too- I think that in my case, I definitely don't shed my skin as fast as most people. It tends to stay on and looks thick and dull. So I exfoliate a lot- my favorites right now is green cream level 6 and the baby brush method. I heard exercising is good too.

Good luck!

Get yourself ALOE VERA cream, the cream not the gel. It will brighten up your face and give it a matte effect. You can also use EVENING PRIMROSE cream.

Give it a go after washing your face.

You might wanna try a BHA or AHA moisturizer? Sounds like you have a problem with dead skin accumulating on your face.

Wow that sounded kind of rude, but you get what I'm saying :cool:

exfoliating and moisturizing is the answer for dull skin..and also take vitamin e.

Edited by demaguil