Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne is a mental test, people with a strong mentality will beat acne, people with a weak mentality will let acne rule them for aslong as they have it.

Im damn sure I dont want acne to control what I do like I have for the past few years, and im damn sure that when I grow up and dont have a single spot oon my face, I will look back and think how pathetic I was acting.

People need to man the fuck up, clearly there are many people on this site alone with acne, so why are you crying like your the only ones with it?

how is acne scarring attractive can i ask?

I get where your coming from, most people dont give a monkey's about acne, but as already mentioned its about how it makes the person who has it feel.

Like it effects confidence and how you come across to someone. i personally hate having my pictures taken cause i dont like my teeth to much then to have bad skin puts the icing on the cake

friend of mine has it worse than me and i dont know how he does it. its like he dosnt give a shit about it and i find that quite kool.

i think once you admit to yourself that your skin is the way it is you will start to give less of a toss.

but yeh it still sucks to get the spots, for me its picking them, i ruin my skin by that. and if i didnt get them i wouldnt pick would = clear skin.

Edited by want2beme

I get where your coming from, most people dont give a monkey's about acne, but as already mentioned its about how it makes the person who has it feel.

Like it effects confidence and how you come across to someone. i personally hate having my pictures taken cause i dont like my teeth to much then to have bad skin puts the icing on the cake

friend of mine has it worse than me and i dont know how he does it. its like he dosnt give a shit about it and i find that quite kool.

i think once you admit to yourself that your skin is the way it is you will start to give less of a toss.

but yeh it still sucks to get the spots, for me its picking them, i ruin my skin by that. and if i didnt get them i wouldnt pick would = clear skin.

I knew this guy with just terrible cystic acne all over his cheeks. Just, EVERYWHERE. It nauseated me to look at it a little, but I didnt call him out on it. And he just didnt seem to care. It was crazy. Props to people like him man, theyre strong.

And I dunno, actually. I just actually like the look of the pits and dents. They look, ah. I dont have a word for it. They make you look like youve been out and DONE things, if that makes sense. Even though that's probably the opposite.

I dont really know waht Im trying to say. I just think scarring in general is hot, heh.

I knew this guy with just terrible cystic acne all over his cheeks. Just, EVERYWHERE. It nauseated me to look at it a little, but I didnt call him out on it. And he just didnt seem to care. It was crazy. Props to people like him man, theyre strong.

And I dunno, actually. I just actually like the look of the pits and dents. They look, ah. I dont have a word for it. They make you look like youve been out and DONE things, if that makes sense. Even though that's probably the opposite.

I dont really know waht Im trying to say. I just think scarring in general is hot, heh.

perhaps you like fat chicks...ill hook you up

Do you have any legitimate reason to be here? Besides ineffectively trying to ego bash others?

Christ. I'M A GIRL. *moderator edit*

Do you have any legitimate reason to be here? Besides ineffectively trying to ego bash others?

Christ. I'M A GIRL. *moderator edit*

yep, he defiantly likes fat chicks.

Alright, the bickering and off-topic posting ends now. Discussing, or even debating, the topic of this thread is fine, but if it starts to veer back off topic or devolve back into bickering, this thread will be closed.

forgot there is no fun allowed on this website

Fun? Calling people names and fighting is "fun" to you? Then I do not trust your perspective in any way.

I know exactly what you're saying, and I love it too. That and acne around the jawline. :wub:

You mean 'she'

o is a girl no wonder she came up with bs ....girls always try to make themselves feel better by saying stupid shit that dont apply to everybody else...no offence ...

now i dont want all the girls to be mad at me im just saying ....

how much you want to bet all these girls are going to get mad at me for what i just said...

dam no freedom of speech now a days sheeesh

hahaha thats so true man i see it all the time on these forums. i guarantee they are the complete opposite of who they pretend to be on these forums in real life.

yeah they are confusing...i assure you they are insecure i dont care what they say

yea especially the ones that are like "oh looks dont matter at all its only whats inside that counts! you can look like a dying octopus and ill still date you as long as you treat me right!" then they go to school and check out all the best looking guys and make their fantasies about them and make fun of the severe acne sufferers

..and this is exactly why guys say 'Girl's are so hard to understand.'

seriously, we're not all the same. We're all different, LOL. Understanding one will not help you understand another.. same with guys.

I think the OP has a perfectly good point.

I wish I could agree and go along with this perfect world charade.

But, I don't think I would like it.

I don't think acne really is attractive per say, but it's not like hideous.

There's no reason I wouldn't talk to a guy who has it.

although I may not make additional effort to talk to a anti-social, depressed guy with or without acne (unless he looked open to talk, but this most likely would not be the case)

so, don't be all like looks don't matter

because to me they really don't, i'd be friends with whoever.

blahblahblah tell me what I think is wrong.

Edited by mslily009

I get what you're saying, I do.

I don't think it's that bad. But some people don't make it out to be "THAT BAD."

I am a makeup artist and a lot of my bumps make me super depressed because I represent the face!

I understand where you're coming from...but do you represent the face? Do you do makeup or are an aesthetician? Think of how that feels from our perspective.

I have a lot of friends and peers with flawless skin. Can you see it from that perspective?

How about the days when I got viciously teased... can you see why it hurts bad to have acne?

I get what you're saying, I do.

I don't think it's that bad. But some people don't make it out to be "THAT BAD."

I am a makeup artist and a lot of my bumps make me super depressed because I represent the face!

I understand where you're coming from...but do you represent the face? Do you do makeup or are an aesthetician? Think of how that feels from our perspective.

I have a lot of friends and peers with flawless skin. Can you see it from that perspective?

How about the days when I got viciously teased... can you see why it hurts bad to have acne?

And I get what youre saying. And it does hurt, I know. I HATE when I break out; I flat out refuse to go anywhere. I cant imagine having to do makeup on people while knowing that I completely contradict what it is my job tries to represent.

The point I was trying to make was that in reality, people care less about acne than you think. It effects you a TON, but it effects everyone.

I agree. My close friends don't give a beep about my acne. I can even talk to them about how much it sometimes upsets me. :wub: them.

wtf. of course my friends and family dont care about my acne. or else theyre not my friends

if I live in my own island I wouldnt care either

but we live in a real society.

I have to agree the topic starter has the correct state of mind and ppl dont go argue about this

however everyone is different

dont force views upon anyone

topic starter is only 14 he may have it harder later on and I hope he keeps his state of mind

I am 25 I feel like I can adopt most of you already but for me the problem lies in come on acne is a major turn off

acne is a shield to getting pussies.

You know that one thread that goes "you know its bad when"??....

Well.......you know its bad when you think acne and acne scarring is hot!

Ahh, seriously guys. Yes, it looks bad. To other people, it looks bad too. But they just dont care that much. They see it, but it doesnt make a difference of how they act around you. You're still the same person, youve just got additional stuff on your face.

Eurgh that's gross. Im being the motivational speaker, but come on. You have to believe me.

Also, have any of you had impetigo? I get it. Alot. It is ten times worse than acne and it ITCHES. It's crusty and yellow and spreads like the freaking plague if you dont get it taken care of right away. Go google pictures; go on, do it.

Im guessing all of you have also had poison ivy. Ever had it on your face?

Imagine having both of those at the same time. For weeks. Imagine that it spreads everywhere and you still have to go to school for exams. People have to SEE you like that, and there's nothing you can do about it cause the meds to clear up both of them are expensive and you dont have health care.

That happened to me, twice. It is FAR worse than acne, believe me. And guess what? People would stare, ask 'What happened?', I explained it, they said 'Ah okay. But is it contagious?' 'No, it's not.' 'Ah cool.' And we'd just keep talking.

I wanted to hide my face so badly just because I knew I looked gross, but they wouldnt care! Theyd look me in the eye, smile, laugh at what I said. People would even approach me like normal to talk.

And no, Im not fully clear. Ive still got some acne around my mouth, which is the absolute worst place to get it. People see me and just ignore it. It doesnt make a difference. For christ's sake, I even went to a pool party and people didnt care.

Calm down and acknowledge that you are going to get better and people are not as cruel as you think.

What planet do you live on? This isn't dream land.... I agree, that IS what it sounds like. But Ihaveabandinlaw's got a point. I believe that for the most part, people react, and we OVERinterpret their reactions, then we become the ones that limit ourselves. Usually, to be honest, when I get insecure its not even because of the other person, though of course they always contribute, but the bigger portion of it is ME. I limit myself. Unless you can admit that, you can't really move on. I'm tired of letting acne run my life. It's MY life. I decided yesterday to start living, despite having bad acne days, which will likely come again and again from now.

Edited by Holding.On

wtf. of course my friends and family dont care about my acne. or else theyre not my friends

if I live in my own island I wouldnt care either

but we live in a real society.

I have to agree the topic starter has the correct state of mind and ppl dont go argue about this

however everyone is different

dont force views upon anyone

topic starter is only 14 he may have it harder later on and I hope he keeps his state of mind

I am 25 I feel like I can adopt most of you already but for me the problem lies in come on acne is a major turn off

acne is a shield to getting pussies.

Yes some sense. A post that's reasonable. Thanks. :wub:

EXCEPT FOR YOUR LAST COMMENT. That sounds degrading. *Kicks you where the sun don't shine (I'm a football player haha)* REMEMBER NEXT TIME. =P :angel:

Imagine having both of those at the same time. For weeks. Imagine that it spreads everywhere and you still have to go to school for exams. People have to SEE you like that, and there's nothing you can do about it cause the meds to clear up both of them are expensive and you dont have health care.

That happened to me, twice. It is FAR worse than acne, believe me. And guess what? People would stare, ask 'What happened?', I explained it, they said 'Ah okay. But is it contagious?' 'No, it's not.' 'Ah cool.' And we'd just keep talking.

Actually, impetigo is quite contagious. That's how you get it in the first place. I was getting recurring impetigo infections (and acne at the same time, too) for years. I realized I was getting it from my dogs. Usually it does come from animals - cows, often, but I'm not in the habit of cuddling with cows. Anyway, if you ever get it again, try to see where it could possibly be coming from. It could be a simple solution to make sure you never get it again.