Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This appears to be a hand piece sold to doctors who currently own an older 100 percent ablative co2 laser, and they don't want to spend another 100 grand a new laser machine. They buy this and it converts their old laser into fractional.

I'm not sure who told you this is better than Fraxel co2.

The top co2 fractional machine is made by lumenis, then the next best is made by fraxel.

This appears to be a hand piece sold to doctors who currently own an older 100 percent ablative co2 laser, and they don't want to spend another 100 grand a new laser machine. They buy this and it converts their old laser into fractional.

I'm not sure who told you this is better than Fraxel co2.

The top co2 fractional machine is made by lumenis, then the next best is made by fraxel.

sanjose, i know fraxel repair has max settings of 70mjs and can treat up to 70% of the skin. from my knowledge no other fractional laser can go that strongly or treat that much skin. i always thought fraxel repair was the best because of this. are you saying the lumenis one can go deeper or treat more skin? if so im really curious and might look into it :)

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

sanjose, this is the website go down towards the bottom under the paragraph EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE

http://www.aboutfacedoc.com/lasers_CO2fractional.html

it says superior results when compared to other CO2 fractional devices including Fraxel-Re-Pair

wotgrips, im glad you've posted this. its nice to see everyone doing a little research instead of crying out for help all the time. i hope you keep researching too, as each new post teaches us all something new. i must admit though mate, sanjose knows what he is talking about and is pretty well informed.

the idea a full CO2 laser is better than a fractional laser is the cause for much debate between many plastic surgeons/dermatologists. a good example of this are the very different responses found between them all on realself.com

many traditional plastic surgeons who are used to using full CO2 lasers will say their lasers are better than the factional ones. the idea here is that since you are targeting all the skin, instead of just part of it, you will get a better result - WRONG.

many studies have since found this to be incorrect. when you only target a fraction of the skin, you are able to go deeper in those areas without fear of excess scarring. so whilst you arent targeting all the skin, those areas you are targeting, you are putting more energy into. more energy = more thermal damage = more collagen created = better result.

putting a fractional head on an old CO2 laser doesnt make it any better. mainly because the old laser does not have the same power as the newer fractional laser. its like putting a coat of paint on an old car. it might look nice and function as a new car, but power wise its still an old car.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

I just thought I would bring this up, I've been reading alot on this forum and it seems fraxel repair has the best outcome among anything else out there but this gives other people something to think about when looking for doctors

http://www.auroramedicalspa.com/treatment24_selectscan.htm

SelectScan features include multiple laser spot sizes, an exclusive wide range of dwell times (laser time on tissue), adjustable scan dimensions, and eight different scan patterns that allow precise tiling and controlled ablation of any tissue area.

By choosing the appropriate laser dwell time, spot size and power, the SelectScan enables the physician to perform lighter treatments to achieve micro-ablation or more invasive procedures for wrinkle removal, long term skin tightening and collagen formation. A combination of both procedures can be performed consecutively with one system during one patient visit.

SelectScan fractional lighter treatments assure a predictable healing process of 5-7 days post treatment with minimal discomfort and no unpleasant appearance. Generally, one treatment is sufficient for desirable outcomes. Deeper wrinkles or scars may require multiple treatments and a longer recovery time.

The doctor that I have contacted says they have better results using the Selectsan then the fraxel repair and they have both machines there in the office