Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cless4736

Major Break-Out Help!

I am in highschool and started D. Kern's regimen in March of 2008 when I was a freshman. After a STRICT two months with it, my skin cleared up though I had dryness. Up until December of 2009 my skin was immaculate. It was clear and I wore no face makeup. This December I started getting small bouts of pimples. Then around the beginning of February I had huge under the skin pimples that hurt when you touch them and barely come to the surface. I was popping white heads and wearing concealer and very self concious, the regimen seemed to have stopped working. I went to the dermatologist for back acnce I had and she gave me an azelaic acid cream to put on my back after cleansing with proactiv benzoyl peroxide cleanser; I mentioned my face problems and she said to use the cream on my face as well in exchange of the benzoyl peroxide cream I was using.

It took me a week of pondering to finally switch and use the product on my face because I was so leery of getting off D. Kern's regimen. After a few weeks of the product on my face, I jumped ship because my deep skin hurting pimples got worse. I was left with no regimen and deeply confused as to what to do. So, I tried Clinique's three step system in three. I used their cleanser, 3 clarifying lotion, bp 2.5%, and cetaphyl lotion. Three weeks later: major break out on my forehead...the one area that has NEVER broken out. EVER. So here I am, currently using clinique's cleanser, 3 clarifying lotion, azelaic acid cream(recent switch over the past week), and cetaphyl lotion.

I just started birth control pills to help with my irregular periods, so I will hopefully see results from that in a few months; but, I need major help with my face. It is red, broken out, dry, irritated and nothing is helping. Do I stick with my regimen from the last week? Switch regimens completely? Help Please!

Did you start the birth control pills around the same time as your breakout in December or did that come later?

Did you start the birth control pills around the same time as your breakout in December or did that come later?

I just got them today and will be starting them within the week. I am going to switch back to the dk regimen: cetaphyl cleanser, dk bp, dk moisturizer/olay spf moist.