Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

based on my primitive research, the closest thing to Accutane found in nature is cod liver oil, anyone been on it for acne??

based on my primitive research, the closest thing to Accutane found in nature is cod liver oil, anyone been on it for acne??

Edited by karam

I've tried it a few times. It always gives me huge, hive-like acne, but YMMV.

big no no.

get rid of this one substance cure mentality. there are multiple causes of health, we are alive and functioning due to MANY causes, there is no one cause. life could not be lived on one mineral or vitamin alone, nor will any disease magically disappear due to one substance alone,well it CAN but it will soon be back. people on accutane know this very well after the second and thrid time of taking it, accutane is imperfect, you should not base your entire views on something that is already imperfect.

We appreciate the effort though, it is noble.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

I used to take cod liver oil but have replaced it with krill oil for the past few months. I started a candida diet at the beginning of the year and it really helped with hormonal breakouts along my jawline. I recently had tooth implant surgery and lapsed on my no sugar/dairy diet and expected to flare up again with cystic bumps along my jawline. I have not had one cystic breakout since I've been taking krill oil, even with my lapse in diet the past month. Helps with TTOM pain as well. No fish burps either and the pills are really small.

big no no.

get rid of this one substance cure mentality. there are multiple causes of health, we are alive and functioning due to MANY causes, there is no one cause. life could be lived on one mineral or vitamin, nor will any disease magically disappear due to one substance alone,well it CAN but it will soon be back. people on accutane know this very well after the second and thrid time of taking it, accutane is imperfect, you should not base your entire views on something that is already imperfect.

what are you a freaking scientis with all them big words lol im kidding ....but yeah i agree with you...no everything works for everybody...and we cant survive eating one specific thing :dance:

Karam, I know people have taken megadoses of vitamin A as sort of a poor man's accutane. I don't think this is a good idea though, and at least one poster claims to have really messed himself up doing this.

What happened to your accutane brah? You finished?

big no no.

get rid of this one substance cure mentality. there are multiple causes of health, we are alive and functioning due to MANY causes, there is no one cause. life could be lived on one mineral or vitamin, nor will any disease magically disappear due to one substance alone,well it CAN but it will soon be back. people on accutane know this very well after the second and thrid time of taking it, accutane is imperfect, you should not base your entire views on something that is already imperfect.

what are you a freaking scientis with all them big words lol im kidding ....but yeah i agree with you...no everything works for everybody...and we cant survive eating one specific thing :dance:

I'm on my last month of accutane, but my dermatologist is has been very conservative and I will end up with a LOW cumulative dose of 115mg per kg...so I am expecting a relapse after I get off

Karam, I know people have taken megadoses of vitamin A as sort of a poor man's accutane. I don't think this is a good idea though, and at least one poster claims to have really messed himself up doing this.

What happened to your accutane brah? You finished?

I'm on my last month of accutane, but my dermatologist is has been very conservative and I will end up with a LOW cumulative dose of 115mg per kg...so I am expecting a relapse after I get off

How in God's Holy Name did you ever get the impression that cod liver oil is close to Accutane?? :think:

Cod Liver Oil is an essential supplement in keeping me clear! I think the main thing I've seen when going for Cod Liver Oil is making sure you get a high quality one. Too many companies out there pull the vitamin content out of the oil and then inject synthetic versions back into it, which is horrible. Carlson's comes to mind in that regard....

The one I've had the best results with and that actually doesn't taste bad is Garden of Life: Icelandic Cod Liver Oil. Comes in a tiny 8 oz bottle and is anywhere from 10-13 bucks in a Lemon flavor and works well. One tablespoon will give you 20,000 IU's of Vitamin A from Cod Liver Oil.

PANIC

Cod Liver Oil is an essential supplement in keeping me clear! I think the main thing I've seen when going for Cod Liver Oil is making sure you get a high quality one. Too many companies out there pull the vitamin content out of the oil and then inject synthetic versions back into it, which is horrible. Carlson's comes to mind in that regard....

The one I've had the best results with and that actually doesn't taste bad is Garden of Life: Icelandic Cod Liver Oil. Comes in a tiny 8 oz bottle and is anywhere from 10-13 bucks in a Lemon flavor and works well. One tablespoon will give you 20,000 IU's of Vitamin A from Cod Liver Oil.

PANIC

Thanks Panic. I might try this!

do your research before you do. 10,000 IUs is the recommended maximum limit.

Some people exceed this and it may not be a problem for them, but it is a fact that some people who exceed the limits have bad side effects.