Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whats up everybody,

My name is Mike, 18 years old. All throughout Junior high and high school i had what i would describe as consistent moderate acne, sometimes severe, depending on the day. It never really affected my social life, I always was popular and had great friends. However, I never had any luck with girls because of my acne. Throughout the 6n years or so of this acne I tried everything from proactive, prescription gels, creams and other pills, none of which provided a permanent solution to my acne. When I graduated high school, I wanted a fresh start and I chose to take accutane. I debated for about a week on this decision and finally decided to take the chance. It was the best decision of my life to date. I was on 40 mg of accutane for 4 and a half months. At the time, I was about 5'11'' and 160 lbs. I also took a B-to-Zinc vitamin once a day and a fish oil capsule twice a day. My symptoms at the time included being really tired and it was difficult for me to participate in sports, which was really difficult since I am athletic. After about 1 month I noticed a flare up in my acne. At about 3 months I started having blackheads just fall out of my face and I could physically see all the acne being "pushed" out of my face i guess. By the time I ended the accutane, I had only a few pimples which disappeared after a couple more weeks. When I went to college last August, I was as confident as ever. This past year was the best year of my life, I met so many great people and my luck with girls has changed for the better. I see accutane as the main reason for this. Since coming off the medicine I have maybe had 5 pimples over the past 9 months. I just wash my face 2x a day and apply a general cream to specific problem areas I used to have. I used to visit this site all the time when I was on accutane. This is first time since last August I have visited this site, mainly because I haven't had to. I believe this is the case for most other success stories as well. Anyway, that's my story, keep faith in your fight against acne, it will all work out eventually.

PS - I attached a picture of me after the accutane cycle. I couldn't find a before picture, as I didn't take that many pics back then.

Mike

post-103119-1274164083_thumb.jpg

post-103119-1274164083_thumb.jpg

im in the exact situation as you. ill be starting my coarse at the end of this month and going into university in september. hopefully i turn out just as well as you did. did the vitamins help at all?

im in the exact situation as you. ill be starting my coarse at the end of this month and going into university in september. hopefully i turn out just as well as you did. did the vitamins help at all?

Yes, I believe they did. If you google B-to-Zinc you can find the vitamin I was taking. Good luck with everything

Thanks for sharing...my only regret is not taking accutane sooner...I'm a little under 2 weeks from finishing my 4 month course and I'm only getting the occasional pimple here and there (which I'm totally fine with)...waaaay better than active acne. What's the cream you're using now that you're finished?

I am just using an over the counter neutrogena on the spot treatment cream and it works great. I have no need for any prescription creams.