Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif I started using Botchla's regimen on July 1st and Aldactone a little over two weeks ago. I usually have cystic acne, especially during my period. Since using this combination, I haven't had one new cyst breakout. My skin hasn't looked this clear in what seems like forever!! I'll keep you posted, but for now, I am a happy camper!!!

I'm not sure about it being for women only...and I believe you do have to get it through a prescription. I hope you don't have to wait 3 months. I wish you luck...

you can get it from canada...but i would advise you to be careful if you are a guy taking this. some people at healthboards.com have been using it with great success but it seems that for guys, effectiveness is inversely proportional to sexual drive.

spironolactone acts as a competitive inhibitor against testosterone so that your skin will not produce as much oil. it doesn't mess with how MUCH testosterone you make, just how much of it can be used in your body. so the less testosterone your body uses the less sexual drive you have.

if you look for "joeh" at healthboards he'll tell you that he has perfect skin but absolutely zero sex drive.

botchla's regimen is using clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub (with salicylic acid) and clean and clear continuous control acne cleanser (with benzoyl peroxide) right after the blackhead scrub...the idea is that using the salicylic acid product in combination with the benzoyl peroxide wash is a very effective way to get rid of and prevent acne...Aldactone is a prescription drug that is supposed to also clear you of hormonal acne which is what i get...

If you are a guy you should NOT use spiro/aldactone orally! If you are a guy you should only use it in topical form. You can make it yourself w/the crushed tablets and a couple of other simple to find ingredients, or get it from certain websites that are using it for hair regrowth on men. Now, I cant remember the names of these websites, but just do a search on Google for "topical spironolactone" and you should be able to find some information. I have been taking 150 mg a day ( I am a female though) for 3 months and my skin is completely flawless/oil free! It is amazing stuff, but not for men. Oh, and I have yet to have a period since I have been on it, so if you are a girl and thinking about getting on it maybe take a BCP along with it.

be very careful with aldactone, it caused my hair to fall out. at this point its caused me to lose about 70% of my hair, we dont know yet if i will ever get my hair back, or if it will ever stop worsening. what i would give to have not taken aldactone sad.gif.