Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You might want to have a look at other forms: zinc monomethionine (opti-zinc) and zinc picolinate are absorbed better than gluconate. Or check out liquid zinc (thanks, Jay ;)), but I have no experience with it.

Not very related but interesting:

Oysters. Myth has it that oysters are the food of love. Science may agree. Just two to three oysters deliver a full day's supply of zinc, a mineral critical for normal functioning of the male reproductive system. Scientists are divided over reports that sperm counts have declined over the last 50 years and that environmental factors are to blame. Nutritional deficiencies do seem to be the cause of certain cases of low testosterone. Getting adequate zinc is sometimes the answer (11 mg per day is recommended for men; more than 40 mg can pose risks). In one trial, 22 men with low testosterone levels and sperm counts were given zinc every day for 45 to 50 days. Testosterone levels and sperm counts rose.

proabably unecessary, but go with amino acid chelate. these vitamin supplements are ofetn bound to substances that arent really biologically needed by the body, not necessarily toxic, but i feel better about a mineral that has been bonded with an amino acid, or better yet, from food itself. whos knows how it will react inside us, these supplements arent very well studied especially for long term use theoretically they are safe, but in practice we will never know. but food is proven itself as safe for human consumtion. but yes, the minerals have been depleted from the soil now from bad farming, you may need some mineral supps.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

I use zinc gluconate. It must have cleared me up by at least 50%. And you probably want to take more than just what is in the multivitamin. I take 50mg.