Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emilt

When nothing was working for my back acne...

I have had back acne for as long as I can remember; for at least five years, probably more, I had been struggling and nothing was working for me. I only had regular pimples, but they were very very plentiful to the point where it was difficult to find a spot of clear skin 1 inch by 1 inch. I suffered from severe emotional distress, never being able to wear cute bathing suits and always having to make sure that I wore high collared shirts or hoodies so that I would cover my acne. I changed for gym in the bathroom stalls because I couldn't bear to change in front of other people. I couldn't face myself.

Tl;dr - I had bad acne.

I had tried everything that the store had to offer, and I tried Proactiv and some other acne medication that promised things it wouldn't. The Neutrogena body wash worked slightly, but didn't come close to clearing what I had. I tried Head & Shoulders which also helped a bit, more than other things. Gold Bond powder did nothing for me. Rice Vinegar helped slightly but the smell was too unbearable for me as well.

Tl;dr - Tried a lot, nothing was working very well.

I had confronted my mum about my problem so she tried to help me out a bit. My mum had been using a toner she made for her face, and so she said to try using that. I was skeptical because it was all homemade, and I am one of those people who aren't too fond of homemade remedies. But I tried it anyway, and in conjunction with a few other things, I have to say that my back acne is at least 90% clear right now. It only took 3 weeks. It is simply getting better every day. I feel confident that I can wear a bikini just with what is going on right now.

Tl;dr - I have basically cured it with a homemade remedy.

Here is my regimen right now:

Morning:

~Wash skin with warm water on a washcloth

~Put on Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, one squirt for each side of my back

~Put homemade mixture on a cotton facial pad and run over back

~Use AcneFree Terminator on spots (I am sure any BP product will suffice, this one is 2%, it is pretty expensive for such a small tube but there was nothing else at the store)

Night:

~Use AcneFree Terminator on spots

In the shower:

~Do hair first then put it up in a clip off of back

~With a body puff, use Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, leave on for about 2 minutes then rinse

~With a body puff, use Head & Shoulders, leave on for about 5-7 minutes then rinse

Please note that the washing off your skin with a washcloth is very important because the mixture has ingredients that will leave a dirty-looking residue which is rather hard to get off if you apply it too much without washing it off in the morning. It won't harm your skin though, in my experience. When you apply it, it will feel very cold because it needs to be refrigerated, but I find it soothing. The smell also takes a bit of getting used to.

Here is the recipethat was originally found online:

1 C Mint hydrosol

------

Bring to simmer

Add the following three ingredients

Cover and let steep for 1 hour

------

3T Chamomile

3T Dried lemon balm leaves

2T Wheat Bran

------

Strain through fine sieve

Put in coffee filter and squeeze filter

Add the next ingredients

------

3-4 tsp cucumber juice

1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

------

Keep refrigerated

Mixture will last for 2 weeks

I now have a few acne scars, which I can live with and will hopefully fade in a few years, and I have about 4 active spots right now, but they are going quickly and I will most likely be completely clear in a few weeks.

I hope this is helpful to at least one person, because if there is someone out there suffering from this problem, I know how it feels.

Printable_Recipe.txt

Printable_Recipe.txt

Ok, I have to comment. That's an extremely cute post (the tl;dr parts) and a helpful suggestion. Thanks for bringing it up.

Ok, I have to comment. That's an extremely cute post (the tl;dr parts) and a helpful suggestion. Thanks for bringing it up.

Oh, thank you. ^^; And I am trying to help other people with this info, because I haven't seen it anywhere else on this website. Thanks for your comment.

I have had back acne for as long as I can remember; for at least five years, probably more, I had been struggling and nothing was working for me. I only had regular pimples, but they were very very plentiful to the point where it was difficult to find a spot of clear skin 1 inch by 1 inch. I suffered from severe emotional distress, never being able to wear cute bathing suits and always having to make sure that I wore high collared shirts or hoodies so that I would cover my acne. I changed for gym in the bathroom stalls because I couldn't bear to change in front of other people. I couldn't face myself.

Tl;dr - I had bad acne.

I had tried everything that the store had to offer, and I tried Proactiv and some other acne medication that promised things it wouldn't. The Neutrogena body wash worked slightly, but didn't come close to clearing what I had. I tried Head & Shoulders which also helped a bit, more than other things. Gold Bond powder did nothing for me. Rice Vinegar helped slightly but the smell was too unbearable for me as well.

Tl;dr - Tried a lot, nothing was working very well.

I had confronted my mum about my problem so she tried to help me out a bit. My mum had been using a toner she made for her face, and so she said to try using that. I was skeptical because it was all homemade, and I am one of those people who aren't too fond of homemade remedies. But I tried it anyway, and in conjunction with a few other things, I have to say that my back acne is at least 90% clear right now. It only took 3 weeks. It is simply getting better every day. I feel confident that I can wear a bikini just with what is going on right now.

Tl;dr - I have basically cured it with a homemade remedy.

Here is my regimen right now:

Morning:

~Wash skin with warm water on a washcloth

~Put on Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, one squirt for each side of my back

~Use AcneFree Terminator on spots (I am sure any BP product will suffice, this one is 2%, it is pretty expensive for such a small tube but there was nothing else at the store)

Night:

~Use AcneFree Terminator on spots

In the shower:

~Do hair first then put it up in a clip off of back

~With a body puff, use Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, leave on for about 2 minutes then rinse

~With a body puff, use Head & Shoulders, leave on for about 5-7 minutes then rinse

Please note that the washing off your skin with a washcloth is very important because the mixture has ingredients that will leave a dirty-looking residue which is rather hard to get off if you apply it too much without washing it off in the morning. It won't harm your skin though, in my experience. When you apply it, it will feel very cold because it needs to be refrigerated, but I find it soothing. The smell also takes a bit of getting used to.

Here is the recipethat was originally found online:

1 C Mint hydrosol

------

Bring to simmer

Add the following three ingredients

Cover and let steep for 1 hour

------

3T Chamomile

3T Dried lemon balm leaves

2T Wheat Bran

------

Strain through fine sieve

Put in coffee filter and squeeze filter

Add the next ingredients

------

3-4 tsp cucumber juice

1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

------

Keep refrigerated

Mixture will last for 2 weeks

I now have a few acne scars, which I can live with and will hopefully fade in a few years, and I have about 4 active spots right now, but they are going quickly and I will most likely be completely clear in a few weeks.

I hope this is helpful to at least one person, because if there is someone out there suffering from this problem, I know how it feels.

I have to admit that the main proponents in this home made toner are very similar to the acne gel sold at bestbathstore.com....however...this is probably much cheaper! some witch hazel might help as well. glad you found your solution