Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Im_Thinking

How long after accutane until you got breakouts again?

How long after accutane did you get your first pimple?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How long after ending accutane did you get your first pimple?

• 1 month
    • 2 months
    • 3 or more months
    • Never

I took Accutane from the very tail end of August through mid-March. (6 month course) but I missed a few days in between, missing about five days of pills at the end. I don't think it made a difference, but I think about it sometimes. I had already had my final appointment, and since I am 14, and my mom thought I was having psychological side affects (which I wasn't), she just wanted me to stop. I was totally clear for one month at that point, and pretty much mostly clear since month two.

So now, today I got this pretty big pimple on my chin, and I guess I'm freaking out because I haven't had a pimple like this since October! Is it too soon to be getting pimples like this? It isn't painful. It is pretty red, and I didn't have it this morning, and I didn't even notice it at 3pm.

I am supposed to use Tazorac three times a week. I use the same cetaphil moisturizer I used during accutane, and I use Neutrogena stress control facial wash. I actually use tazorac almost every night because my oil is coming back, and I want to try and make it go away!

QUESTIONS:

- How long after ending accutane did you get your first pimple?

- Any advice for post-accutane regimens?

Approximately six years. I did not have a full course of Accutane though as I injured my knee and had to have emergency surgery.

I've gotten a pimple here and there, but not breakouts. It's been almost 2 years.

I've been on two courses in the past and about to go on a third. I think my acne came back approximately after a year each time. It really depends on how severe and stubborn your acne is.

Same here. I've been on two courses already in the past and about to go on third this month. My acne always comes back after 6 months or so...

I guess I have the stubborn acne :shifty: