Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itsmeshelly1

So frustrated and just feel horrible!!!

I hate this acne! Its not fair that some of us have to go thru this and some dont. I feel like i need to hide all of the time.

I started the regime 2 days ago and started taking niacin. I am getting a few more pimples here and there. I already had some as it was and now im getting more! Maybe im just purging and it will start to get better. God, i hope. I am gonna give it the full 3 months and see hwo it goes. Something has to give! I eat really healthy. Low carb all the way. I dont eat hardly any dairy, just good fats, nothing processed at all hardly, i eat brocolli everyday. I dont know what to do. I am good to my skin damn it!

I know how you feel. It's so frustrating to get past puberty and still have to worry about acne. I hope the regimen works for you. :)

Yep, I feel the same. But you have to be strong and find the way to be clean most of the time. The only way to do that is by researching, by trying and error, finding your way out of this.

There are many things you can try, you can eat normal but avoiding fried stuff. Trying stuff like:

a) Egg whites for masking.

b) Salicylic Acid in your cleanser or Neutrogena Transparent soap or a Tea Tree Oil Soap.

c) Azelaic Acid in the zones you get pimples.

d) Dans regimen.

e) For the spots, Tea Tree Oil, BP, Salicylic Acid 4% on the spot even geranium.

f) If your problem is hormonal, pills.

Nothing works immediately. But try to find something that works, that keep your face looking normal (not red) and let us know if it works. For instance, I bought Echinacea pill to improve my immune system response and I am just testing.

I have been doing the regime now for about a week and am finally starting to see some good results. What i had on my face is drying up and nothing has popped up YET!!! I think i may have discovered part of the problem. About a week and a half ago i bought a new system from cvs, bought the cleanser, serum and moisturizer. I think it really made things worse. I stopped using it a few days ago and started with the regime and things have gotten a little better. I took the products back to cvs and was able to exchange them. I bought some really gentle aveno cleanser and daytime moisturer for sensitive skin, its their calming line. I also bought their night cream for antiaging with shitake mushroom something or other...lol We will see if all of this helps any. My face feels pretty decent right now, thankfully. I know some of it is hormonal. I am premenopasaul and i know that has something to do with it but maybe i can at least keep it down to a mininum. Thanks for the suggestions corsair. I appreciate it. Its so frustrating and just kills the self-esteem.

I can feel your frustration, I'm still having some issues! I was trying to hit them with BP to no avail, and switched back to Finacea. We'll see if that helps! I mean, a 41 year old man should not be obsessed with breakouts at this stage in life, it's a real bummer! I have a good job, great wife, and should not be dealing or worried with this BS! I'm going on vacation next week, and this always happens:

I get a flare-up

I get worried about looking like shit on vacation

Then worried that it will get worse while I'm away

Then go back to work, and worried it will look REAL bad

How was your vacation?

Other than that, I guess life is pretty good...

I hear ya! I'm especially frustrated right now because my whole face looks good except for ONE huuuuge zit under my left eye. And when I say huge, I mean it. Were talking the diameter of a nickel. Not only that, it burns and it's rather painful, and the whole area around it is red and inflamed, about taking up the whole side of my face. As I've gotten older, whiteheads have subsided but now I get these very large pimples in my T-zone that scar even though I don't mess with them. And it's always specifically under my eyes just to the side of the nose. They are very deep and take forever to heal.

I missed out on two nights of fun and had to tell people I was sick because I was too embarrassed to go out. This is the closest I've come to going to the doctor to see if there is anything she can do for ONE pimple.

I hear ya! I'm especially frustrated right now because my whole face looks good except for ONE huuuuge zit under my left eye. And when I say huge, I mean it. Were talking the diameter of a nickel. Not only that, it burns and it's rather painful, and the whole area around it is red and inflamed, about taking up the whole side of my face. As I've gotten older, whiteheads have subsided but now I get these very large pimples in my T-zone that scar even though I don't mess with them. And it's always specifically under my eyes just to the side of the nose. They are very deep and take forever to heal.

I missed out on two nights of fun and had to tell people I was sick because I was too embarrassed to go out. This is the closest I've come to going to the doctor to see if there is anything she can do for ONE pimple.

Damn, sounds about the same as I get! Question for you, did you ever think that something in your regimen could be the root cause of your breakouts?