Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started Accutane around Mid december after having really bad cystic acne.

40mg/day (december-jan)

80mg/day second (jan-feb)

80mg/day (feb-mar)

Off for 10 days (insurance problem)

40mg/day 30 days (mar-late april)

80mg/day 30 days (april-current)

I have 8 days left of what my dermatologist suggest may be my last month of accutane. He said last visit (March I think) that if I were to stop now I would clear up, and that the extra accutane I'm taking is to ensure that I won't have it later.

I currently don't have any cysts on my face, but everyone and a while get them but they come and go really quick (unlike the months + they would take before)

I'm sorry I can't post pictures but let me tell you what I have and maybe if I can get some insight on how much it will heal.

On my left cheek towards the ear I have a red mark with these little tiny tiny divits when I run my fingers over it it almost feels like little lines. That cyst disappeared about a month-2 months ago, and I had one like it (with the lines and all) that seemed to clear up.

One on my left cheek. It was probably the biggest cyst I had, and lasted a really long time, it's not too bad looking from the exterior, but when I run my finger over it I can feel it's really deep.

On my forehead I have little red divits (really circular, kinda like the "pick ax" ones but not as symmetrical) My forehead has cleared up a lottt from what it used to be, but there are still some dots that haven't healed as fast.

On my right cheek there was a long cyst that left kinda like a little river type thing. It has disappeared tremendously but there is still a much smaller river there.

I was just wondering what your guys experience was on accutane after you stopped. One of the dermatologists told me that it's kinda like magic when you stop accutane all the redness just sorta goes away and your face clears up pretty quickly. When I was off it for 10 days I noticed that my face started to look a lot better, and the acne on my back and chest left very fast (acne that I didn't have until about 2-3 months into starting accutane) I have a couple of friends who were on accutane, one of them has been off it for about 2 years and his skin looks really good, one of them stopped about a month or two ago (he had it worse than me) and his looks better, much better, but still not really good. He, probably, with time at the rate he's been looking better will look good very soon.

Anyways, thank you if you read this... Just like some opinions.

some scars will heal, some will not. seems you have shallow scars... some heal to the point they are unnoticeable and some stay with you. keep your hopes high :)

most of my scars faded :)

some scars will heal, some will not. seems you have shallow scars... some heal to the point they are unnoticeable and some stay with you. keep your hopes high :)

most of my scars faded :)

What kind of scars did you have that 'faded'?

GoHuskies, I'm not sure if the pitted ones will heal or not. Only time will tell. You can buy products to help with the healing and cell turnover.