Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misslady

It's a good thing when acne doesn't discust your clear skin friends or friends who have light acne BUT..

Suprisingly in my country people don't react much to acne, yeah even if it's really bad (I saw a guy who had some bad acne and he was walking with his gf, who was a cute girl and the way she looked at him, you could see that she really was in love) it's also a quit normal thing to kiss someone on the cheak as a greeting, and i must admit i was pleasantly supprised that no one ever refused to kiss me on the cheak because of my acne (what's even weirder is that the most of my acne or should i say white heads are located on my cheaks :)) )

People just don't notice it or they don't pay any attention to it that much.. In my life i don't think that anyone ever told me that i'm gross, or that i don't wash myself or that i should see a dermathologist (no one ever made fun of my skin, people mostly made fun of me because of my height, since i'm 176 cm tall), it was all me, i have a fixation with clear, perfect skin.. When i see girls with clear skin walking with their bf's, my first reaction is always Oh that's why i can't find a bf, i have ugly skin..

I know it sounds dumb and i know most of you will be like Why do you worry about it that much, no one even notices it that much except you.. I have moderate acne on my face, chest and back, and it really influences my way of living.. I haven't been to a pool since i was 9 or so, my acne started showing up when i was around 11, and ever sence in never wore a shirt or a dress with an open back..i saw some girls with back acne wearing revealing shirts with open backs and i really envied them for having gutts to do it..i know i never could, i would be always looking behind my back to see if anyone's looking at me or somethin'. Also i rearly leave my house without any make up on.. I know it's bad for the skin but i just can't help myself, it's stronger than me..

I think i'm a nice looking girl, i never doubted that, but with acne i just feel like a castle surounded by thorns and i'm never sure when a guy looks at my face - is he looking at my face cause he thinks i'm preety or because of my acne?!

I want to live in your country

Sure hop on in a plane and be on your way :)) btw it's in southern-eastern Europe

i wish people didn't judge it like they do out here.... :(

Yeah some people are stupid and only judge people by their outside appearance..

Ok i must admit i had a situation once, in high school, when a guy who had preety severe acne (his face was really really red), he was really popular with the girls but he was such a terible terible person :P he once called me out cause of my acne but i just didn't pay attention so he never did it again.. so you see it's not only clear skined people that can call you names..it depends on the person, i have a bunch of clear skined friends who don't even notice i have acne, they never mention it.. I'm usually the one who starts the topic about my acne, because i sometimes need they're reassurance when i'm not feeling good about myself :((