Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
galaxyman

DERMABRASIO AFTER SILIKONEINJECTIONS?

A few years back i got some treatment for my acne scars: first normal mild laser (which did not work at all) and then C02 fractionated laser (which i could not really see the use for either) but then i got some siliconeinjections wich i was really happy for, but there is still a lot to see...

So here comes the big question, i heard many talk about (dermabrasio) and i really want to get it done. But its a procedure where u Grind down the skin, so im very worried that there will be some complications with the siliconeinjections underneath.

Please someone help me to figure it out or tell me about ur own experiences/knowledge. the photos is taken the same day and are pretty new, all after the operations.

btw. (if anyone has some other advices i would be happy to hear them aswell)

thanks for you're time G.

post-116715-1274117598_thumb.jpg

post-116715-1274117598_thumb.jpg

Edited by galaxyman

btw. when my doctor is injecting silicone hes using normal light... is ur doctor doing that aswell or using some special light? cus im just thinking he could do much more with special light, but i dont know... please give me some feedback. (and oh yeah, last time i was there he told me there was no more he could do with the silicone injections, i showed him the places where to put it and he just said that it was nothing, which i dont quiet understand... there must be some else to do)

Edited by galaxyman

hi,

from what I 've read dermabrasion is one of the riskiest procedures you can get for acne scarring. even without the silicone injections. research and think it through before you make your decision.

good luck

hi,

from what I 've read dermabrasion is one of the riskiest procedures you can get for acne scarring. even without the silicone injections. research and think it through before you make your decision.

good luck

I am planning on having this procedure done soon, I was also wondering under which lighting they do it in......who is the doctor doing your injections and how many did you have done?

hi,

good luck

I am planning on having this procedure done soon, I was also wondering under which lighting they do it in......who is the doctor doing your injections and how many did you have done?

Hey, is it me u are asking? its just because i tryed the silicone injection the other person just gave some good info... but im not sure?

hi,

good luck

Hey, is it me u are asking? its just because i tryed the silicone injection the other person just gave some good info... but im not sure?

yes i am asking you...im kind of nervous about getting it done and i was wondering who your doctor was......

hi,

good luck

yes i am asking you...im kind of nervous about getting it done and i was wondering who your doctor was......

For deep scares i would strongly recommend it, i got i done by two female doctors in denmark (if u want the excact location just give me a private message)... and then sometimes there was a male doctor supervising... after u get it there will be a red spot at the place for a week which will then dissapear, but there will also be a "bump" which dissapears after a month from insertion. O.B.S something the doctors dont tell u, which i have exsperienced is that after the swelling has gone away there is still a chance they swell up again in "very stressfull" periods of time in ur life... i tryed that... but only like 2 times in around 2 years. and im not sure if it will come back now, not seen it for a long time.

As for the procedure they stick a very fine needle in ur face which u can hardly feel and its very low cost... but i had it done for like 5-6 times even though they told me 4 times would be enough. anyhow its important that u find a very good doctor one who have tryed it before and that u dont rush them, because then doctors make mistakes.

That was just some of the things i remembered, if there is any more questions i would be happy to answer them even though my english is miserable :D

Edited by galaxyman

and as for the light as i said in my case it was just normal daylight which i dont think is suitible, but that was the doctors way! (im actually thinking of a way to make the light more afficient and give them the idea, but they are very hard to pursuad) :)

thats crazy that it could swell up again....but the doctor i am planning on going to does say co2 laser resurfacing is fine after silicone injections.....well im glad you are pleased with your results its just a little scary that its a permanent procedure, but if the results are good that is what you want!

thats crazy that it could swell up again....but the doctor i am planning on going to does say co2 laser resurfacing is fine after silicone injections.....well im glad you are pleased with your results its just a little scary that its a permanent procedure, but if the results are good that is what you want!

Im totally not sure now... but i dont think that co2 laser resurfacing is the same as dermabrasio as i was talking about, dermabrasio is like a grinding of ur skin while co2 laser, is well, laser.

Edited by galaxyman

hi,

good luck

im prepared to take many risks, but maybe u know a better solution than dermabrasio, im not deadlocked on any certain procedure i tell u.

I don't mean to discourage you. I'm also looking for some good treatment. and I'm willing to take some risk. I know that all treatments can be risky, but I've read that it left some people with fragments of weird-looking skin, like without pores and shiny, in other cases enlarged pores, and some areas more scarred, or hypo pigmentation and other stuff. it worked for others (with very long downtime) read some other posts and the reviews about dermabrasion on this site if you haven't yet. but maybe it was a bad doctor or something. there is always the risk.

i'm planning to try punch graft/excision and dermarolling/needling. I don't know how this could work with the silicone injections.