Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NodFlenders

Does skin acutally tan or do you just get redness?

So I went out in the sun for about an hour with no sun screen as I didn't even think it was that hot. About an hour later my face looks really red and my marks look even worse. I was wondering though, will my skin actually tan (thus hopefully making the marks less noticeable) or just stay red and bad looking?

So I went out in the sun for about an hour with no sun screen as I didn't even think it was that hot. About an hour later my face looks really red and my marks look even worse. I was wondering though, will my skin actually tan (thus hopefully making the marks less noticeable) or just stay red and bad looking?

Without sunscreen you will BURN... leading to redness. With sunscreen you might get a bit more of a brownish tint. But it's very unhealthy to do that to your skin for more than 15 minutes a day. The rest of the time you need to wear at least spf 15. The easiest thing to do is try a mild facial tanner that builds up over a few days. We don't want you to get skin cancer!!

I've been sunning myself the past couple of days, about 10 minutes per side, no sunblock. Mainly because it's a bitch having to put on sunblock then wash it off for a small amount of tanning. My skin hasn't burned yet and is a touch darker.

Tanning depends on a number of different factors. What is your skin complexion/type? Sunscreen is vital when you are out even when the sun is not bright and shining. As other posters stated prolonged exposure to the sun can have harmful effects to your skin.