Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Professional

How do I get rid of this boil behind my ear?

I've got this monstrous boil behind my ear for about a week so far. I've been popping it every few days and for the first few days it was just a combination of water and blood.

Now every time I pop it, it is just blood. Also, it seems to be filled with more air rather than substance compared to a week ago because of popping. This may sound good but it isn't reducing in size because of all the air!

What are some home remedies for this? This is so embarrassing because it can be seen clearly behind my ear. DON'T SAY GO TO THE DOCTOR! Obviously going to the doctor is the better choice than asking here but I want some suggestions first.

should I use boil ease? that thing has really good reviews on a lot of drugstore sites.

here are some pictures so you guys can confirm it's a boil or not:

badassd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

image022but.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Professional

That looks awful!!! Poor you! Obviously i'd suggest going to the doc if it isnt going down but id probably put magnesium sulphate paste and cover with a plaster its your best bet! Good luck

holy shit. you need to get that checked out by a doctor. you shouldnt be messing with it. i can bet youre aggravating it.

And third vote for going to the doctor. Seriously. It needs to be LANCED, not 'popped' and that's a minor surgical procedure, not something you can do at home.

Those are pictures from a week ago when it was first starting up, it's actually sort of bigger now.

And what about boil ease? that has really good reviews.

STOP POPING IT! OR YOU WILL CAUSE A SERIOUS INFECTION! YOU SHOULD TAKE A HOT TOWEL AND PLACE IT ON YOU BOIL FOR ATLEST 10 TO 20 MIN EVERYDAY, AND KEEP THE AREA BEHIND YOUR EAR CLEAN! IF THIS DON'T WORK THEN :think: ................................................................................

.................................................................................

...............................ASAP!.......................DOCTOR OFFICE! :wacko:

I've already popped it like 4 times now, but I think I will stop though since it's making no progress at all.

I went through all of today without picking or touching it, I'm going to see if I continue this for a week how much difference it will make.

How much will it cost to get it lanced?

Times are tough and my parents said they want to wait a few more weeks and see if it'll go away on its own because they don't want to pay a high hospital bill.

How much will it cost to get it lanced?

Times are tough and my parents said they want to wait a few more weeks and see if it'll go away on its own because they don't want to pay a high hospital bill.

Some things are worth the medical bill... it looks like you really need to go to the doctor- that does not look like an acne break out to me, it could be something worse. Definetly go get it checked out... maybe you can find a sliding scale doctor or somehow make payments on your bill? But i would go see the doc asap- and this is coming from someone who fully supports naturopathic/hollistic medicine. You need to see some sort of professional.

dude chill out you can all yell doctor at him until he goes but the doctor will say one thing.

its a Sebaceous cyst.

its harmless as long as you stop picking/popping it if you continue it will get infected then you have a real problem. there are few options to treat it, the quickest WOULD be to go to a doctor and have it lanced.

OR you can try turmeric, go to the supermarket spice section buy some turmeric (about $2) mix it with some honey put it on a band aid on the cyst. Warning the turmeric WILL stain your skin temporarily yellow but as long as the bandage covers the cyst it will be isolated and you can wash it off with any cleanser. Do this for a few nights and you'll notice reduction/healing also drink some of the turmeric mixed with warm milk or water each night, tastes bad, but will work at the cyst from the inside.

Or last option wait for it to go away. Your bloodstream will naturally breakdown and carry away the cyst but it may take several weeks.