Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j0e7

I barely started using baking soda sooo.....

Guest Scarlett Skies

I have.

I found that it burned my skin slightly.

I have come to like sugar for exfoliating far more.

If you have sensitive skin or are too over zealous with it, it is definitely either going to burn or cause an allergic reaction. I tried using it yesterday and have both super sensitive skin AND used waay too much and left it on for too long, and I got these hallacious little bumps all over the sides of my mouth that still havent completely left.

So be patient. Ive heard spectacular things about it. Put a little bit on at a time and only leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes. After that, be done for the day: wash it off and jsut leave the zit alone or suffer the consequences.

I have.

I found that it burned my skin slightly.

I have come to like sugar for exfoliating far more.

alright thanks!i actually woke up with less redness, but ill see what happens in a couple of days.

If you have sensitive skin or are too over zealous with it, it is definitely either going to burn or cause an allergic reaction. I tried using it yesterday and have both super sensitive skin AND used waay too much and left it on for too long, and I got these hallacious little bumps all over the sides of my mouth that still havent completely left.

So be patient. Ive heard spectacular things about it. Put a little bit on at a time and only leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes. After that, be done for the day: wash it off and jsut leave the zit alone or suffer the consequences.

yeah thats exactly what i did last night and this morning it seemed to calm the redness down. It does get the skin a bit dry though so i used some moisuterizer.

Please read the following post on pH and why your skin prefers acidic products. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/pH-import...-p-t144725.html The product you wish to use is alkaline and will damage your acid mantle and increase the risk of breaking out and irritation.

If you simply must use baking soda, at least mix it WITH apple cider vinegar so that the pH will more closely match your skin's.

i read the article and it makes sense so im going to try mixing the ACV with the baking soda and see what happens thanks!