Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lindan_x

My acne is making me really upset right now

I've had acne since I was (I think) 10 or 11. That makes it 6 years I've been fighting this.. Right now I'm on birth control and an antibiotic but most of the time I wonder why I'm bothering, since I know Accutane will be the only thing to "fix" this, once and for all. Doing the antibiotic for 3.5 more months is just a waste of my time, and I'm going to have to start Accutane while in school. My face is going to be just awful junior year when I'm starting.

I'm sick of looking at the ground while I walk, or avoiding locking eyes with my friends. I'm sick of trying to keep people on "my good side", and pulling away when my boyfriend tries to kiss my face. Acne sucks, especially when you don't have anyone to talk to about your concerns.. I talk to my boyfriend about it but often I don't think he could truly understand since all he's experienced first hand is maybe a couple small pimples at a time.

In conclusion, this sucks.

Oh wow I feel a lot better now :)

haha, it feels better when you let it all out doesnt it !

have you cut out diary and sugar? thats usually a cause for heaps of acne.

Oh wow I feel a lot better now :)

haha, it feels better when you let it all out doesnt it !

have you cut out diary and sugar? thats usually a cause for heaps of acne.

It does! I didn't even realise how much that would help before I posted it.

I'm lactose intolerant so I don't eat much dairy, but the sugar thing I do need to work on a bit more :shifty:

Hey lindan_x! I just want to say that I completely understand where you're coming from. Know that you're not alone! We can beat this thing.

I'm glad you vented and it made you feel better. That is what this place is here for and we can all certainly relate. =)

I know it feels like your acne will never go away or your self-confidence return, but ask yourself this, why do they have to go hand in hand? Acne didn't take your confidence away, you let yourself have that taken away. And unfortunately you can't regain it just from that realization alone, but it's a great first step. I hope one day you realize how beautiful you are, inside and out, regardless of your skin. It took me 6 years or so to realize this, fully accept myself, and find happiness. I hope you can too. And until you do (and even after) we are here for you. =)

Try this: find a fire ax, go deep into the woods, pretend a small tree is your acne, run at it screaming like a devil from hell, and then chop that little sucker into smithereens. Make sure you sustain the blood-curdled screams, too! It pumps out more adrenaline, giving you more of a high. :)

Edited by Baalzebub