Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EZEQUIEL

accutane in my 30s

day 3 , not dramatic changes , so far side effects , sunlight sensivity , itchy face , moderate itchy sculp. advise , suggestions all welcome , thank you

Good luck man. I just wrapped up day one. i've already bought the aquaphor and chapstick and what not. Also got some moisturizing shampoo and body wash. Basically anything that says anti itch or moisturizing i swooped up so when the side effects hit i should be ready. I heard drinking a lot of water goes along way also.

Good luck man. I just wrapped up day one. i've already bought the aquaphor and chapstick and what not. Also got some moisturizing shampoo and body wash. Basically anything that says anti itch or moisturizing i swooped up so when the side effects hit i should be ready. I heard drinking a lot of water goes along way also.

thank you pa , good luck to you as well , i will keep updating this on a reg basis so we can support eachother in this process. have a great night , i will def check aquaphor.

hey, good luck!! i will plan to check back in for any support/ suggestions (i've been on this stuff for 3 months, thus making me an expert. :) i just posted a list of things that have helped me while on accutane in someone else's log, but ill paste it in here too, because these things have made my course bearable, and i hope that they help you too:

aquaphor (for lips, and dry areas of skin anywhere on your face/ body.)

a 'gentle' cleanser such as cetaphil (anything without an irritating ingredient such as benzoyl or salacylic

SUGAR! add sugar to your face wash to exfoliate dry areas, and exfoliate your lips with it if you want, before aquaphor.

emu oil if you can find it, look online if you can't find it in stores. its a great moisturizer, won't make you break out, and will quicken the fading of red marks.

also, for bloody noses (i found that my nose was just dry, and this is the cause of minor bleeding) putting aquaphor inside helps a lot. if you have worse nose bleeds (unlikely) ask your doctor, or try nasal saline. also, you need a day moisturizer with spf, the aveeno one worked ok for me (not that moisturizing, but it supposedly helps fade red marks, and looks ok.)

thank you all for your replys!

quick update

day 5 , 60 mg daily.

woke up with my face red! aprently one of the commons process in this course , so i went to the pharmacy and take care of this right got eucerin redness relief sooting cleanser and eucerin redness relief daily perfecting lotion spf 15 plus cethapil spf 50 sunblock for when i go to work or outside the house. so time will tell so far so good. let see whats happens , thanks for your reply.

not major breakout , lips ok as im using vaseline in the night , xoxo

the redness is practly gone!

eucerin redness relief line did the job! im using in in the mornings and evenings and it really had and is helping me.

not major breakout !

ill keep updating this.

xoxo

E!

eucerin redness relief line did the job! im using in in the mornings and evenings and it really had and is helping me.

not major breakout !

ill keep updating this.

xoxo

E!

Good luck on your course.. looks like we started around the same time. I started on Friday, May 14th. 24/F on 60mg/day. I haven't noticed any effects yet.. (well, except my nose is really dry and sore)

not major breakout !

ill keep updating this.

xoxo

E!

Good luck on your course.. looks like we started around the same time. I started on Friday, May 14th. 24/F on 60mg/day. I haven't noticed any effects yet.. (well, except my nose is really dry and sore)

good luck to you too. it works if you work it!