Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bibz

how long did it take for you to get clear?

Hello, I am currently using dan's bp, purpose cleanser, jojoba oil, and cetaphil moisturizer. When i first started using the bp it was with the purpose cleaner, and dove moisturizer, a mask every night and I used a microderm wash cloth. I did that regimen for about 12 weeks and still I wasn't completley clear. Then I found out that for best results I need to only use the recommended products, and that the cloth might be irritating my skin. So, I then changed the products up to match up with Dan's regimen and stopped using the mask and wash cloth, plus I wore less makeup. Everything was going good and improving untill I ran out of Dan's bp, and was unable to order more for 3 weeks. In those to weeks i didn't use any bp and then I switched to neutragena's bp and cetaphil cleanser=the result 7 new zits across my cheeks appeared in only 4 days. Finally i got more of Dan's bp and I am using it religiously, but I feel my skin isn't really improving a whole lot. Do I just wait longer to see results-it could also be because when ever I am close to that time in the month i break out more. Any advice? Can my skin really improve or am I just dreaming?

Edited by bibz

You just need to wait longer.

Treating acne is a process, not a miracle trick. It takes several months, even up to half a year, for some people to get clear.

Persistence and religious usage of the recommended products and following guidelines is what gets you there, slow and steady. Bear in mind that even though you might not notice a difference, other people will. Those with acne tend to be extremely self-critical, judging even the slightest skin discoloration on themselves with almost oppressive attitude.

Since I am a man, I can't give any tips on "that time of the month", but reading the boards, I've found out that for some girls, this is the time when their acne turns a bit worse. The best thing you can do, if that happens, is to simply continue following the Regimen normally. Any extra steps or "quick fixes" that you apply may only take you to the wrong direction.

Dan's treatment process works. This much is 100% certain. But it takes time, diligence and patience, and this is what most people do not have or do not realize.

i'm on my 12 week and i am still experienceing breakouts. I was using AHA everyday and i think it was a big mistake for me as it made my skin really itchy. I think the exfoliation process takes a couple of days so doing it everyday won't give your face enough time to heal and hence excess oil production and breakouts. I am going to stop the AHA for a while until the itching stops completely and my face feels normal. Then i may only use it 2-3 times a week. I just bought cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser so i hope they are ok to use they say its for sensitve skin. keep your head up

I've been on the regimen for almost 4 weeks. My skin still looks like a warzone. I'm still breaking out. I've been doing the regimen twice a day, about 10-12 hours apart, using all Dan's products.

Nevertheless, I'm breaking out less now, and less severely than I was before. Will I ever just stop breaking out? I doubt it because my acne is really horrible.

But, who knows. I like this regimen anyway.

Srotriya, are u using two full pumps yet?

Yeah. I just slop it all over like he does in the videos, really thickly. Sure hope they get all that oil cleaned up in the Gulf of Mexico.

Edited by srotriya

Hey mate, took me 5 months a few days with a balanced diet. For the first five months I had no improvements and mild breakouts. After the 5months it just seemed to work and after a few days my acne was gone. Just hideous scarring. AHA has helped with that. Hope that helps, stick with it.

thanks you guys. My skin is getting better especially after not wearing so much makeup. Still my skin isn't perfect since i still have scarring because of having acne for 4 years, i'm sure u guys can relate. Now I know not to stop using dan's bp it is the only thing that works for me.