Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
special

product rec for light coverage & calming skin tone

I know barely anything anything about make-up.

My question:

I have some active acne and quite a bit of red marks on my face. I'm pale and have a red irritated looking tone. I'm looking for a really light type product that just kind of evens out my complexion and offers a little coverage. Doesn't have to be full coverage, it can even be low as 30-50% coverage. So a little coverage and a little calming down or evening of the skin tone that's all i'm asking

It can be a simple powder or concealer or whatever else. At the moment I'm just looking for one or two products to put on max and I'll probably not even do this everyday.

If there's a brush that you would recommend buying with this let me know. I'm willing to invest in a good quality brush.

I would recommend:

Higher price bracket: (I use these everyday and they work for me)

- Amazing Cosmetics concealer. It lasts a hell of a long time and doesn't slip and slide around on your face!

- Smashbox Halo Powder. Enough coverage for you while still looking normal and keeping you hydrated.

- Bobbi Brown kabuki brush. Best brush I have ever used!

- YSL 14 Hr. Last Foundation

[Pick any of the above to mix and match :) They all work together]

Lower price bracket:

- Neutrogena has good light foundations. I like to use their "Sheers" in the summer. Light even skintone coverage that looks healthy! Some of their other foundations are probably good too.

- Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation. Nice creamy coverage that is very blendable.

- Loreal True Match powder was good from what I remember. The pressed powder compact.

Hope this helps you out :)

Your skin sounds similar to mine. Lately all i have been using is Make Up For Ever's Full Cover concealer, its amaing a little dab goes a very long way, then i just powder over that with Physicians Formula pressed mineral wear powder, which is pretty light coverage but works great, and looks natural while still evening my skin tone. then whatever blush and bronzer im using that day, which also adds a little more coverage but you definently dont need those if youre going for a bare minimum. My favorite brush ever is the mac 134, i use it for powder and bronzer and its sooooo soft and covers a large area so its great when i want to get ready fast.

I'm on my 3rd tube of Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer, it's just that good. Light buildable coverage, doesn't irritate skin, has SPF. It's on the pricey side, but one tube lasts me more than 6 months and I use it every day. No brush needed, I use my fingers. You should be able to ask them for a free sample to use for a few days and see how it goes.

Edited by CatWhisperer

so i bought the sephora #55 airbrush and a stippling brush.

i was recommended the hourglass Illusion (from sephora) tinted moisturizer. however, i looked up the ingredients and 2 or 3 of them are on the aggravating/pore clogging ingredients list. it has good reviews though.

i'm going to look into the ingredients of some of your recs. i'll keep you updated.