Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EZEQUIEL

hooked on accutane in my earlys 30s , advise , suggestions , thank you!

hey everybody.

some basics , im a 30 year old male from manhattan , nyc. i dont break up much as i used to in my younger years but i do get red cysts kind of acne now and then. i really tryed almost everything doxy , proactiv , retin a and benozyl peroxide so i decided to get hooked on accutane by my derm advise. starting this 05/14/2010 , 60 mg a day , 30 mg in the morning , 30 in the night. so far no drastic changes in this 3 days , maybe some new pimples , and def itchy skin on my face wich im not touching but it sucks , any advise of what kind of cleanser should i use also any good sunscreen ? thank you much apreciatte it. xoxo

hey everybody.

some basics , im a 30 year old male from manhattan , nyc. i dont break up much as i used to in my younger years but i do get red cysts kind of acne now and then. i really tryed almost everything doxy , proactiv , retin a and benozyl peroxide so i decided to get hooked on accutane by my derm advise. starting this 05/14/2010 , 60 mg a day , 30 mg in the morning , 30 in the night. so far no drastic changes in this 3 days , maybe some new pimples , and def itchy skin on my face wich im not touching but it sucks , any advise of what kind of cleanser should i use also any good sunscreen ? thank you much apreciatte it. xoxo

I started accutane at 24, late, but not as late as you haha. Here's what you'll need:

1) Chapstick. I like carmex, but they're all just chapsticks...

2) Lotion. Vaseline intensive care worked ok for me. My skin didn't get too dry outside of the first month and I didn't need it that much.

3) Conditioner. This medicine wrecks your hair. Any old conditioner should help.

4) SPF 30 sunblock. Get a kind that doesn't clog your pores.

There are more things if you experience some symptoms. I've been getting some joint pain and thinking of taking some glucosamine for that. Other side effects may require other things if you experience them. But those 4 up top should get you going for a while!

Hi there, Ezequiel. I took it when I was 31. Pimpstick's recommendations are spot on. Also, drink lots of water. It helps so much to reduce or eliminate many symptoms like fatigue, dry eyes, muscle soreness, and headaches that are common with the drug. Good luck to you! :)

hey thank you for your reply!

ive experienced some redness in day 5 but i got eucerin redness relief line products and it really help me a lot with the tane face lol , so i cant really complain , so far so good and i hope it will continue like this !

have a great day

xoxo

E!