Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jared777

What should I DO?! I got a prescription but should I use it??

For the past week and a half I have been only washing with water and nothing else because, according to Dan's video about doing nothing, it only works for those who aren't "supposed" to have acne, like me (flawless skin throughout family history), and I think my acne was caused by over medication. Anyways, I was prescribed Retin-A and antibiotics a few days ago, but the thing is that I haven't formed a new pimple since about three days after I started only washing with water. Should I wait to see if this new water thing will do the trick? Or should I risk irritation and possibly more breakouts and try the Retin-A and antibiotics. What choice should I take?

For the past week and a half I have been only washing with water and nothing else because, according to Dan's video about doing nothing, it only works for those who aren't "supposed" to have acne, like me (flawless skin throughout family history), and I think my acne was caused by over medication. Anyways, I was prescribed Retin-A and antibiotics a few days ago, but the thing is that I haven't formed a new pimple since about three days after I started only washing with water. Should I wait to see if this new water thing will do the trick? Or should I risk irritation and possibly more breakouts and try the Retin-A and antibiotics. What choice should I take?

If its going good now you might as well wait to see how long it lasts without taking anything.

wait another week or two and see how that goes. there's no harm in that and you might avoid using something that might irritate your skin. :)

Yeah, I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks, it just keeps looking better every day and hopefully I might not have to use Retin-A ( I heard that you are supposed to peel with this stuff, I don't like peeling)