Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello there!

I was just wondering how many of the people on this site use masks, and how often! I love love love them and I'm just curious if anyone else is crazy like me haha. How many times a week do you use them? And what are your favorites?

: )

Heeeillloooooo

sup bek...umm i use to use mask until i found out they are really drying for your skin...and is true...everytime i use to use a mask ...my face would be so dry and i never mouztiurise....

mask that contain chemicals in my opinion really dont do much

however....i think honey mask...and lemon mask are the best outthere....:)

My favorite mask is Queen Helene Mint Juplee but i only use it when having oily skin issues

Hey there!

Back when my skin didn't have breakouts I used to LOVE doing masks! I would steam my face once a week with this little cheap face steamer I had, and do the mint julep mask. I haven't done a mask in.. a long time though! I don't really feel the need to at this point, but they ARE fun, do you have any that you recommend?

Hey there!

Back when my skin didn't have breakouts I used to LOVE doing masks! I would steam my face once a week with this little cheap face steamer I had, and do the mint julep mask. I haven't done a mask in.. a long time though! I don't really feel the need to at this point, but they ARE fun, do you have any that you recommend?

Hmmm I do have some but what are you looking for in a mask :)

Hi, Bek! I love using masks, too. I use the Proactiv Refining Mask around twice a week if I can manage. It's pretty good. That's the only thing I use from Proactiv, besides their Green tea Moisturiser. What masks do you like using?

Hi, Bek! I love using masks, too. I use the Proactiv Refining Mask around twice a week if I can manage. It's pretty good. That's the only thing I use from Proactiv, besides their Green tea Moisturiser. What masks do you like using?

Ooh I was thinking about getting that, it looks nice. Well I have tried a bunch but my favorites are:

- DDF Sulfur Mask (can be used as night spot treatment too)

- Bliss Oxygen Mask

- Pangea Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Mask

- Sugar Brown Sugar + Strawberries scrub (you leave it on for 10 min.)

:)

Awesome. I might try a few of those. :) The stawberry and brownsugar one sounds really yummy. I hope that I don't end up eating it instead lol.

Hey hey!!

I know honey, lemon and tomato are great.

Research about tomato mask, you will be please if you have oily face too.

Tomato is specially for oily acne skin!

Rich in anti oxidant, keep hydrated, close pores too!! :wub:

My estheticist have been telling me that my skin problem is due to it being too dry (I live in Toronto, where it's dry year-round), so I've been trying to do masks more often lately. I'm too lazy to make my own masks, so I buy everything from Sephora. I do each of these once weekly:

- Juice Beauty Apple Peel

- Korres yogurt moisturizing mask for oily and dehydrated skin

Every other week, I also use the Korres Clay Mask for oily skin.

My skin always feels great after using a mask.

For the poster above, what do we do with the tomatos for a mask?

Some of my current favorites:

Clarins Super Restorative Replenishing Comfort Mask - ridiculously long name, awesome mask.

Image Skincare Ageless Total Resurfacing Mask - brightening & exfoliating!

Raw organic honey - great for controlling breakouts and retaining moisture.

Caudalie cream moisturizing mask

I recently stopped using Epiduo for about a month then started up again. Well...it made me skin red,tight and purge. I decided it wasn't worth it,even though it did get rid of my acne...it left my skin oily and very red. Ive been using Aztec Secrets Healing Clay Mask everyday...yes everyday! It is hands down the best mask I have used in my life,Queen Helenes mask has nothing on it. I can use it on my dry/oily skin without leaving it dry. It's supposed to be the worlds most powerful facial and I believe it! It tightens your skin and pulsates. My face look deformed while using this because of its tightening power,haha. I've never had a mask that works so well for my acne,and ive used SO many. Check out the reviews: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=74122/Aztec---Indian-Healing-Clay/Unlisted-Brand/Masks Its clearing up my skin beautifully,hope that helped!

I recently stopped using Epiduo for about a month then started up again. Well,it made me skin red,tight and purge. I decided it wasn't worth it,even though it did get rid of my acne...it left my skin oily and very red. Ive been using Aztec Secrets Healing Clay Mask everyday...yes everyday! It is hands down the best mask I have used in my life,Queen Helenes mask has nothing on it. I can use it on my dry/oily skin without leaving it dry. It's supposed to be the worlds most powerful facial and I believe it! It tightens your skin and pulsates. My face look deformed while using this because of its tightening power,haha. I've never had a mask that works so well for my acne,and ive used SO many. Check out the reviews: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=74122/Aztec---Indian-Healing-Clay/Unlisted-Brand/Masks

I used to love using masks (and scrubs and steams)too. But I'm terrified of using anything but cleanser, jojoba, bp and moisturizer. I won't even use the horribly overpriced AHA that's been sitting in my medicine cabinet for a month.

But when I did use masks I love Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (it's a classic) or things I found in my kitchen:

oatmeal + honey + yogurt for redness/irritation

avocado for dryness

egg whites for oiliness

strawberry to exfoliate (slice a fresh strawberry in half, rub on face, wait 10 minutes, rinse)

I've been healing a lot about the Aztec healing stuff!! I want to try it. :)

How come you are terrified now? Lol. I looove oatmeal, honey, I am going to try strawberries when

they are in season again.

I haven't tested it, but I think bp makes my skin more sensitive (and more volatile). I don't know what external variables will make me breakout and what won't.

I miss facials. They opened a W hotel in Hollywood with a BlissSpa a couple years ago. I really want to go check it out and try all their services. I love the whole Bliss experience, they do "spa" well. And without a hint of pretension. But the actual products are mediocre at best.

I use Aztec clay mask as well, and the previous comments on not having it dry your skin is correct. If removes impurites (ones you dont even know exist) without drying out the skin. However, it isn't the most powerful mask on the market. French Green clay (by Frontier, found on amazon) is the most powerful, because of its absorption properties, however it does dry the skin a tiny bit. Red clays are also very good, and are better for people with dry skin, as it leaves the skin slightly moisturized after application. I know a lot of people who used Aztec healing clay, just unpurified bentonite clay (which is cheap), and got 100% clear, but they did use it 1-2 times daily until they were clear, usually that was around 2-4 weeks straight. If you know what is causing you acne (what is causing excessive sebum production) and you use this clay you will be clear in no time flat. If you still are getting acne and you haven't figured out why, then this will still be better than other topicals but it wont prevent acne. I highly recommend it though.