Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xo_melissa

I'm going crazy, I need sweets

My parents went to DQ and called me and asked what I wanted and I said nothing because I don't eat icecream

They came home eating it in front of me

UGH

Fruit just doesn't satisfy the need for sweet

I read frozen grapes are good but asdlfkjal;gj.

Is there ANYTHING any of you have found works D:

My parents went to DQ and called me and asked what I wanted and I said nothing because I don't eat icecream

They came home eating it in front of me

UGH

Fruit just doesn't satisfy the need for sweet

I read frozen grapes are good but asdlfkjal;gj.

Is there ANYTHING any of you have found works D:

people suck :/ my family does the same thing...i told them "i'm not gonna drink any soda anymore or anything sweet because i'm trying to cut out sugar to see if it helps my skin"

so my mom went out and bought cookies, cake, 6 bottles of soda "/ they NEVER buy that many! and nothing but sweets no veggies no fruit....

so i ate dinner at my dads...hes a great cook and he balances everything out better...but he ONLY has soda no juice or anything "/ then its here eat this chocolate fudge i made so i explained to him what i was doing and that drinking the soda was bad enough....his response was "dont worry about it, it'll go away on its on eventually"

eventually?!! i've had this problem for MORE than long enough and i don't understand how he doesn't understand yet.... :(

I LOVE coconut milk ice cream, made by purely decadent... you can find it in most usual grocery stores, also the health food store if your grocery store doesn't have it! It is SO good and totally satisfies my major ice cream/sweet cravings. Just recently it was on sale, 4$ per pint (usually its 6$) so I bought three! Mint chocolate chip, cookie dough (gluten free), and plain vanilla. They're all EXCELLENT, and the mint chocolate chip and the cookie dough taste really legit and just as good if not better than dairy ice cream. The vanilla one is the only one that tastes a little coconuty, but I just cut up 3 or so medium strawberries and then bam, tastes like strawberry icecream plus allows me to stretch the ice cream quite a bit.. I usually go through a pint every two weeks.

Oh, lara bars are good too if eaten modestly, dark chocolate is great, plus it's so rich that a single square of it's even too much for me at times. Also really consider baking your own cakes/treats etc. as that is very possible w/ coconut flour and almond flour. There is a link around here someone with a ton of recipes for desserts and cookies etc. One of my personal fav. websites is Elanas pantry, I made super yummy cupcakes for my Bday and even all my junk food loving family and friends loved them! I will say though that I'm still trying to figure out how to convert the agave syrup into stevia w/ some kind of filler to make up for it!!

It is possible though to eat healthy sweet things so don't give up hope... I too know what it's like to sit there and watch people eat icecream etc. in front of you, but over time it's like I almost became immune to it, yes there were still some times where it really got to me but thankfully now I discovered yummy bet yet still satisfying and so good, so I always have something sweet I can eat guilt free, and not have to worry about breaking out the next day etc. which is not something I could ever say before!

Best of luck!!

Edited by butterflys & illusions

If you're simply trying to eliminate all sugar from your diet, there really isn't a whole lot you can do. Nothing will give you the same feeling as the fat / sugar bomb a bowl of samoa ice cream will deliver.

BUT

Give it a month. When I decided to really focus harder on bodybuilding, I gave all that stuff up and took about a month to adjust. I drink a lot of diet sodas now for a sugar fix. Can't really eat large quantities of refined sugar anymore, it just isn't palatable.

Also, try eating less carbs in general. It'll help you maintain stable insulin levels all day and help eliminate cravings for sugars.

If you're chained to your parents for your meals, go grocery shopping with your mom. It'll end badly if you're an idiot and pick out the most expensive organic food you can find for her to buy, but I bet if you loaded some healthy foods in the cart and told her your were trying to eat right everyone would be happy... you might even teach your family a thing or two about healthy eating!

Edited by Pimpstick

Don't underestimate the powers of nut butters + dark chocolate! I did some homemade almond butter cups which were scrumptious.

All you do is ground up almods til they turn to butter (or buy some almond butter), mix in some raw honey and simmer this just until it's liquidy. I then pour the mix into cupcake wrapper lined muffin tins and freeze them til they're hard. Now you can melt down some dark chocolate over a double boiler and mix in some coconut oil. Let this cool a bit so it's not so hot and then take your frozen almond butter out of the freezer and pour it over them. Freeze again and in no time you've got a deelicious snack :D

If that's still not sweet enough for you then use stevia or agave syrup or coconut sugar.

Just remember to avoid refined sugars and grain flours as much as possible. Sugar isn't necessarily bad, it just shouldn't be a big part of your diet. Read labels and make sure you're not getting sugar in unexpected places like dressings and sauces.

When I'm craving something really yummy and I'm out - I LOVE the superfruit choclate bar by Dagoba.

having a sweet once in a whole isnt going to kill you :P Have you tried cacao chocolate? Its not very sweet but it does control the cravings...

Don't underestimate the powers of nut butters + dark chocolate! I did some homemade almond butter cups which were scrumptious.

All you do is ground up almods til they turn to butter (or buy some almond butter), mix in some raw honey and simmer this just until it's liquidy. I then pour the mix into cupcake wrapper lined muffin tins and freeze them til they're hard. Now you can melt down some dark chocolate over a double boiler and mix in some coconut oil. Let this cool a bit so it's not so hot and then take your frozen almond butter out of the freezer and pour it over them. Freeze again and in no time you've got a deelicious snack :D

If that's still not sweet enough for you then use stevia or agave syrup or coconut sugar.

Just remember to avoid refined sugars and grain flours as much as possible. Sugar isn't necessarily bad, it just shouldn't be a big part of your diet. Read labels and make sure you're not getting sugar in unexpected places like dressings and sauces.

When I'm craving something really yummy and I'm out - I LOVE the superfruit choclate bar by Dagoba.

... Those almond butter cups sound amazing!! I'll definately be picking up some almond butter and make some of those later tonight, and will post how they turn out! *YUM!*

Frozen berries with coconut milk and some cacao are a good alternative. You could put them in a food processor.

i definitely have to try some of this :D

gotta start doing my own food shopping again too....finally balancing out my money again so i should be able to do this soon! :dance:

Have very small amounts along with food with protein, fiber, and fats to lower the glycemic impact.

Get some low sugar dark chocolate and eat along with some nuts provided you don't have an intolerance to them. Make yourself some low sugar versions of sweets. Eat sweet potatoes. Saute apples in a little butter or coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon, no sugar needed. Cut a slit in the side of an unpeeled banana, insert small pieces of low sugar dark chocolate and bake.

There's a million things you can do. And tons of recipes and ideas in the Food and Recipe thread pinned under Important Topics.

I make chocolate cake/muffins using almond meal.

Ingredients:

- 2 eggs

- 2 cups almond meal

-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk

- 1/8 tsp sea salt

- 1/4 tsp baking soda

- 2 1/2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder

- Sweetener of choice

Heat up the almond milk and stir in the cocoa powder so it dissolves. Mix everything together. I use several packs of Sweet Leaf Stevia to sweeten it to taste. You may prefer some other sweetener.

Then, pour the 'batter' into a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 2-5 minutes, or until you can stick a knife into it and it comes out clean. Let it cool and you've got some super easy cake. I still have yet to make a decent frosting, but I'd like to try some macadamia nut butter to see what I can come up with.

You can add chocolate and sweetener to taste. Actually, it's pretty easy to modify the recipe entirely to give you the consistency and flavor you want. This is just what I typically do.